twelve

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

She didn't sleep much at all last night. The picture painted in her mind of the boy she missed. He almost looked, happy. Maybe she was imagining it, her mind does a lot of damage already, so it wouldn't be surprising.

As soon as she saw the sun peek through the leaves on the trees, she was already out the door, driving her car back to her house in Figure 8. Not that she was avoiding the pouges - especially JJ - but she also just needed alone time. Pulling up her driveway and stepping into her empty house was a relief. She felt as a weights been lifted off her shoulders from having to put a forced smile on her face all day.

Alas, her room. She threw herself on her unmade bed and smushed inbetween the towers of pillows and blankets, soaking up her homes smell. She lit a few candles around her room and got in the warm shower. Her lavender scented body wash filling the air. Her skin tingled from the high temperature of the water, and steam glossed the mirrors. Her favorite music blasted inside the walls of her bathroom, too loud for her to hear anything else.

She threw on a pair of black comfy shorts with a super oversized sweatshirt over. She lathered her body in lotion and did her quick skincare routine, and finally drenched herself in her favorite purfume. Her freshly shaved legs were smooth against her soft blankets as she turned on Gilmore Girls on her TV. She ordered herself Taco Bell on Doordash and turned on her phone to scroll through her daily feed.

Later, after she's eaten her food and taken a very long nap, it was almost sunset. She had been knocked out from the melatonin she took, considering she didn't get any sleep last night. Her dream consisted of the green eyed kook she can't seem to get her mind off of.

She decided to go to the shoreline and read for a bit. To calm her previous nerves and mind. She figured she'd take a dip in the water if no one was there.

Arriving, she gathered her towels and book bag to set up nicely on the sand. She found the perfect spot, not to far from the tide pulling up. Setting down her towels, and unpacking the basket of food that consisted of fruit and rice krispie treats. She took out her book and positioned herself on her stomach, comfortably.

She guessed a couple hours passed, because as soon as she tore her eyes off the pages filled with various words, it was almost dark. Dusk. Her favorite time of day. It wasn't to bright to burn your eyes or make you squint and get wrinkles, and not to dark that you couldn't see 2 feet in front of you. You could still see the stars and the moon, but the sky was the perfect shade of navy blue. The sounds of the waves crashing just in front of her was sealing the deal for the perfect night. She was completely calm, and finally relaxed. She'd kill to feel like this all the time, so these moments are so incredibly beautiful.

She was dazing out into the ocean until an outline blocked her vision, it seemed whoever it was decided to take a walk, and she let it go. The figure had disappeared after a few minutes. It reminded her she wanted to take a dip in the water before she went home. She slid down her shorts and pulled off her big sweatshirt and started running down into the waves.

Before she could fully submerge herself in the ice cold water, she heard screaming coming from the opposite direction she was facing. Concerned, she ran back to throw on her sweatshirt and walked towards the yelling. It suddenly stopped, and her paced picked up a little quicker than before. The closer she got, the sounds of faint sobs echoed her ears. She stopped herself at the sounds, wondering who it could be. It was so familiar that she felt the need to go help them, that she was relieved in a way. Soon she saw the figure who the noises had been coming from, whoever it was turned and noticed the figure standing.

"What," the figure said in a stern voice.

And that was when she realized who it was, all the memories and pictures flickered through her mind. She turned immediately and walked away. She couldn't help but have tears gloss over her eyes as she sniffled. She felt faint rain drops mist over lol her heated face as she kept her pace back to her spot.

The figure, now confused, wiped his tears and followed the figure who he had no clue was. "Wait." His pace now a slight jog after the girl. As soon as he reached the figure, he took ahold of her wrist and stopped her. "Wait."

She now turned around, still far enough they can't see each others faces. Her scent finally entering his nose, the warm vanilla and toasted caramel ran in his nose as he deeply inhaled. They sat there, still, no words spoken, for what seems eternity. Tears now streaming down her eyes, and the rain continuing harder by the minute. She didn't hesitate to wrap her small arms around him. He stood, confused, but his body seemed to relax and he wrapped his arms around her lower back. His hand holding her head closer into his chest and his head falling into the crook of her neck. They sniffled in each other breaking the silence of the calm water. The rain soaking their hair, dripping onto one another.

She pulled away from the hug, staring into his eyes. Her hands cupped his cheeks, "I'm so sorry," his voice cracked. Whatever overcame her, she didn't know what, but she pulled him in closer, going on her toes to reach his height. Their breathes fanning on each other, raindrops falling off their parted full
lips. Then, their lips suddenly crashing onto one another, lightly and soft. Her hands tangled in his wet hair while his hand tilted her chin gently, his other hand pulling her in closer by the back of her neck.

She noticed him smiling into the kiss, causing her to blush and her heart to flutter. The butterflies seemed to connect with one another, them both pulling away into a deep hug.

"I've been waiting for this."

She smiled at the boy with her bright white teeth. Her lips red and swollen, "I missed you."

They kissed once more, she pulled his hand and he followed her to get her stuff.

And before you know it, Rafe Cameron and Laura Stowell, were together again.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

hi i love literally all of u who read this
that's all
well also it's 2am and i wrote sm chapters