fourteen

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"C'monn! I'm bored let's go somewhere else."

"Just a few more shots, I promise."

The girl rolled her eyes and slouched back into the cool shade in the golf cart. Rafe had dragged her out to the country club this morning, something she most definitely did not agree too, but she did it got his sake. She scrolled on her phone until a message came up in her inbox,

'HMS Pouge tn, no exceptions.'

She gave a thumbs up and was relieved that she was getting away from Kooklandia tonight. The sweaty boy finally made his way over to the golf cart leaning over the girl. "Hi."

She smiled, "Hi."

He walked over to the drivers seat, putting the keys in the engine to make it run. Laura laid her head on his lap and let her legs dangle on the outside of the golf cart. He looked down and smiled, the vehicle quickly swerved into the grass which caused her body to shake. "Keep your eyes on the damn road," she giggled,

"You're making this really hard to concentrate."

"Oh yeah?"

"Oh, yeah." He brought his hand down and ran his thumb along her jawline while his other hand was on the wheel.

Once they arrived to the clubhouse, they finally got into Laura's jeep, "Let me drive."

"No!" She said before she ran over to the drivers seat, bucking herself in before he could talk her out of it.

He rolled his eyes and got in the passenger seat. Halfway through their drive home, he stopped rubbing circles on her thigh and grazed his fingertips up her arm, to her shoulder. He 'accidentally' dropped her tank top strap, "Oops."

She flipped him off while her eyes were still on the road.

"Look at me."

"What? I'm driving."

"Look," he pushed.

She gave in and turned her head quickly, but once she locked eye contact with the green eyed boy, she couldn't bring herself to pull away. She didn't notice her speedometer slowly reaching the high 80s. He tugged her chin up with his finger tips and slid his hands down to her neck, pulling her in for a kiss.

"Watch out," he said so calmly it took her a second to process. Once she broke eye contact she put her eyes on the road and she slammed on the brakes. "God Rafe, we could've died, you know? Ever click into your head?"

"Shut up, you loved it."

And that she didn't respond to, because she knew she'd be lying.

They arrived at Laura's house, still empty. She unlocked the door and went straight to her room realizing the time. She picked out a white sundress and a pair of sandals. Rafe sat still on the bed on his phone. He looked up at the girl putting in silver small hoops in her ears, "You look so pretty like that." She smiled at herself in the mirror from his words. "But," he paused, "You'd look prettier with it off."

She turned around and scrunched her nose at him, and returned to putting on her jewelry. She saw him come up to her in the mirror but she was to busy listening to the music she'd put on. He moved her hair off her shoulder and slowly attached his lips against her cool skin. She let out a deep breathe she didn't know she was holding and he continued up her neck. Once he made it to her jawline, he took her waist and spun her to face him. "I'll be waiting for you when you get back."

"I don't know how long i'll be out," which wasn't a lie, but what was, is that she told the boy she was going out with Kie. That isn't a complete lie, because she is, but she didn't mention the names of the three other boys she'd be with or where she was going.

"Well i'll be here."
-

She walked a couple houses down, and got picked up from their dock. She didn't want Rafe spying on her whereabouts. She soon saw the HMS Pouge struggling next to the dock, "Hi kie, hey boys," she nodded.

JJ of course held his hand out to help the girl onto the boat. "Hey Laur."

"Hey girlfriend!" Kie scooted over and hugged the girl, tight.

"Kie I can't breathe."

She pulled away, "Oops, sorry."

She went to greet John B and Pope and sat in the middle of JJ and Kiera. "So, what's this big news."

Pope and John B scratched their head and Kie had her lips tight in a straight line, but JJ got up and reached over to his book bag.

No words spoken, he pulled out a gun. "What the fuck did you guys do."

He walked over to the girl and put the gun against her lips, "Shhhh, you can't tell any of your kook friends."

She pushed him away and scoffed, "Hey, this thing could've shot you, dumbass," he added.

"The safety's on, 'dumbass.'"

He flipped her off and she turned to Kie, "Seriously, what the hell did you guys do?"

Kie looked at Pope, who was driving into the marsh, "We are going on a treasure hunt."

Laura snorted, "Funny joke, seriously what is going on."

John b held his face seriously, and she looked around to see nobody was joking. "A treasure hunt..." she paused, "How- What?"

"We found a brand new and sparkly Grady White, who is supposedly Scooters," John b spoke.

"Scooter Grubbs? That guy was begging for food in the parking lot a couple days ago."

"Yeah, and we found a motel key in the boat, and it led us to his room which had the gun and money."

"Okay, but what does this have to do with me?"

They all looked at each other, nervous. "We kinda need you to get the keys to My Druthers for scuba gear," Pope said.