thirteen

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

The pair woke up quite late. Laura tossed and turned with the green eyed boy in her bed. They did nothing last night except talk. They talked for hours on end, about everything and anything they couldn't tell each other during that period or time.

The girl turned over to the green eyed boy already awoken, staring at her. "Creep," she snickered as her hand met his face gently. His messy, light brown lockes brushed against her face as he leaned in to kiss her forehead. "I have to leave soon, to help out on the Druthers."

She blushed at his action as he laid his head on her stomach while she combed through his hair with her gentle touch. "Can I come?"

He looked at her, puzzled, "Yeah, it's gonna be pretty boring though."

"I don't care," she said through her smile.

She got up and went through her closet to pick out an outfit. He examined the girl as she had her back turned to him. "You're still wearing the ring i gave you?"

She paused, and walked over to the boy holding her hand up to his, "I never take it off," she smiled. The boys hand was much bigger than hers, they tangled fingers between each others and she let go to walk back to her closet.

"Wear that one, I like it."
-

On My Druthers, Laura sat, bored, watching the boy help his dad with the fishing gear onto the boat. Suddenly he found his way towards the girl, "Sorry,
I didn't think it would turn into a fishing trip."

"It's okay, i'm not that bored." She said through her fake smile. She was in fact bored, but at least she was with him, that's all that really mattered, right?

"Liar."

"I'm serious!"

"I promise to take you out to the Mainland sometime this week," he said with a smirk on his face. He seemed.. promising.

"Only if you insist."

He smiled wide and reassuring before he had to get back to Ward. The boat soon felt wobbly, so she figured they started out. Grabbing a water bottle she snuck on, she slid off the cap and took a chug. Her face was sour when the boy walked in. "You didn't."

"I did," she giggled and held out the bottle for the boy. He unscrewed the cap and took a swig for himself with a straight face. "Ward wants you out there with us."

"Why?"

He shrugged, she walked ahead of him up the narrow staircase and onto the main room on the boat. "And she made an appearance," he sarcastically said as he greeted her again. He put his hand on her lower back to lead her outside, she slightly shuddered at the touch of him. Odd.

She watched the father and son fish with a bored expression painted on her face. She daydreamed of the day Rafe would take her to mainland. The exact outfit she would wear, she would curl her hair loosely at the bottoms so when the wind would brush against her sun kissed skin it would flow flawlessly. She would 'coincidentally' find a matching hat with his and he'd put on on her backwards, but a deep voice interfered her thoughts. "We are out of bait, why don't you get more, son."

The boy walked away inside and the older man crept closer to her by inches. "Not so nice day for fishin', huh?"

"I guess," she let out an awkward fake laugh as she looked out into the endless water in front of her.

"I'm gonna cut to the chase Laura," she turned her head, confused whilst he continued, "I don't want you interfering with Rafes work and school." He traced his beard, "I also don't want him to be distracted, which he seems today. Look, I don't know what's going on between you two but-"

"We are just friends."

He stunned at her interruption, but before he could continue, the clueless boy came back with a bucket of dead fish, or whatever it was. "Thanks, son."

He walked back over next to her, she had a confused look on her face but quickly wiped it off before he would notice. She smiled at him and received one back. The fake smile continued until they were back to land.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-
hey guys
i'm on vacation so i'm sorry
i haven't been active

but i'm leaving tonight and i'm gonna write a bunch of chapters on the plane

so get ready....

anyways i love every single one of you!