ten

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

She finally had the guts to do it.

Laura had passed Rafe Cameron's house almost everyday since the night he'd left her. The following months were painful for Laura. She'd never spent this much time away from the boy since she met him. She still hung out with Sarah and sometimes Topper, but they never dared to bring up the sensitive topic.

She put her fist up to her forehead before slamming her car door behind her as she stumbled up to the Cameron residence. She quickly knocked on the door before she would bitch out again, and she stood there, eager to see who would answer.

And there, standing tall, Rafe Cameron opened the door to the small tense girl. "Sarah's upstairs."

"Rafe," she ignored his dryness and moved in for the hug she's been awaiting for the past months. She got on her toes and wrapped her arms around the tall shrugged figure. "What are you doing?"

He nudged her off of him, keeping his stance. "W-what?" her voice cracked at the singular word. "Rafe, I missed you."

"It's been months Laura. I have a girlfriend."

She stood there, tears glossing over her doey green eyes as his annoyed face expressions rolled his eyes. "Since when? I-It's only been a couple month, how could you-?"

"Wake up, just move on." he spat as he towered over her now.

"Rafe, no." her body seemed to collapse, her world falling apart. She was nobody without Rafe Cameron, and she assumed he wasn't either. Selfish.

"Wake up."

"Please, n-no."

"Wake up!"

Her body shuttered as she woke to reality. Her eyes filled with tears and a small drop of sweat dripping off her hairline. "It's okay, its me." JJ rubbed soothing circles on the girls arm while she gained back her train of thought. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay." he pressed a kiss on the top of her head before he walked out of his room, giving her privacy to wake up. The smell of beer and weed fur- filled her nose. Another day, the same as always. Everything was the same; the nightmares, the thoughts, the routine. Nothing felt real, reality seemed like a continuous loop, like something was missing.

She continued her usual morning routine; moldy toast, lots and lots of cheap alcohol, and the touch of JJ Maybank. The warm liquid rushed though her veins giving her a morning buzz before she sat on his lap on the deck. "Agenda for today?"

"Drunk sex."

She rolled her eyes before she pushed his chest sarcastically. "So the same as always?" she snickered

He laughed whilst his hand ran up and down her thigh, going further up each time.

The touch of JJ Maybank was like a drug, it helps in the moment, but it's bad for you, but also addicting. They've agreed it's meaningless, no feelings attached, considering he has to wake Laura up from her nightmares about Rafe. But, he's seemed to care a lot more than he should about the girl, more than friends. She got up to get something in her stomach, but she stumbled over JJs legs before she could fully stand up. "Falling for me already Stowell?"

She playfully smacked the side of his head when he put both hands up in a sarcastic gesture.

"Mornin Kie, mornin Pope."

The two were tangled in each other on the couch, still drowsy so she didn't expect an answer back. She took off her fake smile when she walked into the kitchen away from everyone, "leftovers, yum." She mumbled to herself. "Top of the mornin to ya," John B startled her as she turned her happy face back on in the milliseconds it took her to turn to the brown haired boy.

"Hey, leftovers?" She held up the bag of cold fast food to his face as he shrugged. She took two paper
plates from the pile and flung food on the plates for two. "Are we doing anything today?"

"No, we are tryna keep things on the down-low."

"Why?"

"Pope and JJ were taking groceries to Figure 8 for Heyward," he paused and cleared his throat, hesitant to continue, "And um, Rafe and Toppef jumped them."

"Oh." Was all she could manage at the sound of his name.

"So Pope and JJ had the greatest idea to sink Toppers boat im pretty sure." He crammed every word into one breath quickly.

"Hey guys, we are going to that movie tonight right?"  Kie walked in before Laura could explain her anger towards both the sides of the island and how utterly stupid they are.

"Yes, please." she glared at John B who looked down at his warmed food she'd just handed him.