eleven

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

The sun was lowering, making the skies turn pretty shades of pink and orange when the car was packed with coolers and blankets for the screen projected movie they were heading too. The group continued their path in the Twinkie, indie music blasting through the open windows with the warm breeze tangling the brunettes hair into the blonde pouges.

Soon they had arrived, early of course. Kie claimed they had to be early to get good seats, so they did so. Only about 30 people were there once they arrived, so they spread the blankets and lawn chairs in the middle of a clear spot. "Hey i'm gonna get drinks, what do y'all want?"

"Popcorn."

"Pepsi's fine."

"Okay, Laur wanna come?" Kie asked politely to the unusually quiet girl.

"Yeah," she got out of her spot, she felt eyes linger on her back side once she caught up to Kie and was walking with her now.

"You okay?" she asked while she wrapped her arm around the green eyed brunette.

"To be honest, no, but that's not what people wanna hear, ya know." she shrugged at the curly haired girl.
"Two pepsi's and a box of popcorn please." Laura handed the man a $10 bill and they stepped aside waiting for their snacks. The two girls chattered about the boys and whatnot.

A familiar voice echoed through the walls of her ears, making her anxious. "A pepsi." She turned to see the familiar voice to see a figure, tall, a black crew neck hoodie. The smell of his cologne finally reached her nose. Rafe Cameron. She unhooked herself from Kiera and grabbed the two sodas before hurriedly walking back to her group.

"Wait- Laur where are you-" she was interrupted by a hand grazing over her right shoulder. Turning to see the mysterious hand, was the kook king. His face read angry, etched with sadness. He found himself watching the girl rush back to her pouge friends without noticing. "Rafe." Kiera snapped at him, "What do you want?"

"T-tell your boys, we know what they did." His face grew red as his stare concentrated back across the crowd, searching for the girls face. Before Kie could answer, he was already gone, walking back to his seats with Topper and Kelce.

Once she was back with the pouges, she threw the box of popcorn at JJ who got startled by it. "Why did Rafe Cameron just tell me, 'Tell your boys, we know what they did.'" she crossed her arms while the three boys looked at each other. "Someone explain, now."
All three boys lips were tight in a straight line, receiving an aggressive eye roll from Kie.

Halfway through the movie JJ whispered something about 'ringing it out' and the boys all left to behind the tarp movie screen. Not much later the golden trio followed their path, causing slight panic to drown Laura. She practically floated over there, Kiera on her heels. The closer they got, the louder were the small screams for help. "Dammit, uh, Kie, i'll be over in a sec." Kie nodded and ran behind the movie screen to see what was happening, while Laura was frozen, her heart skipping beats and her throat closing. She never thought she'd have to come in contact with Rafe Cameron again, not that she didn't want too but that she felt he didn't want too, but now that it's come, the anxiety rushing through her veins like a bullet. She gathered herself and ran towards the scene.

Everything was happening to fast, Kelce had John B in his hold while Rafe had JJ in a choke hold. Topper was beating Pope, who was on the ground, but Kie was already there. Her feet took her towards the boy she never thought she'd see again, and the boy who she fucked literally last night. He was now hooking his fist in the pouges face, she didn't hesitate to step in the middle of them, which clearly worked because the green eyed kook stopped to meet her gaze.

"Laura."

She had the faintest smile growing on her face while the boys eyes were glossed over with relief. Then until her eyes met red and orange flames shooting up in the air, giving her a wave of heat. Topper came over and pulled Rafe away with Kelce following.

She heard small voices around her but she was still stuck in her gaze. Her body sweaty and tense. She felt arms wrapped around her shoulders motioning her to get away from the fire.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-
idk how to feel abt this chapter 😩
but the next one is💋💋💋🤌🤌🤌