A Pained Scream

chapter 1: a pained scream

Summary: Bell's familia is killed as they were attacked at the hearth manor by some strange assassin. Being the only one left alive out of pity, he realises his weakness, he delves into a deep thirst for vengeance and a never ending cycle of self-depreciation as he yearns for strength. How can anyone pull him out of his suffering? Follow Bell joining Loki familia as he walks down a dangerous path, can someone pull him out of the dark?

Bell had been training with Ais in the walls as always. Over the days his movements had become sharp and precise, his style matched her and countered it, sure he got knocked around but it was way better than when he couldn't even counter her at all. Bell huffed and breathed as he was slowly becoming a bit owner out from training, Ais aloof as always had a bead of sweat riding across her chin. Bell fought with extreme vigor even while being tired, he ruthlessly attacked and reacted just barely fast enough to defend. His eyes never breaking contact with Ais. They were always impressive to Ais, his eyes were always filled with passion. A desire. A need to close the gaps and become strong to achieve his goal. Perhaps this was the reason why he grew at an alarming rate, maybe it was the passion all along.

But as she later found out the hard way, it wasn't true.

after finishing their training, Ais went back to the Twilight Manor, she had to freshen up a bit, after all, even though Ais was distant she was by no means no conscious about the fact that she was a girl and according to Riveria, a girl with B.O(Body Odour) was a big no-no. She came back to find that she had gotten a letter. She thought it was just another love letter, after all, she had rejected 1000 people already. However, her blood froze, when she found the name was written in blood. Obviously, it was dry, but for it to be written in blood meant that it was most likely not a love confession, and she was right. Inside, there was an A5 size picture of Bell, his level and magic were all written there along with other information about his familia. There was just a single note and it read 'what do you think is happening to him now, sword princess?'

She barged out, not hesitating to activate Ariel to get there, the hearth mansion, something was about to go down. As she was going, people blocked their faces, after all a level 6 going full speed through the streets does kick up quite a lot of dust. She didn't care, she didn't even care that her familia members were calling out to her repeatedly at the mansion. She had to get to him. To Bell. She didn't want to lose someone else again.

As she was approaching the hearth manor, a pillar of light ascended to the heavens, a few hooded figures jumped through the rooftops. She sped up and reached the manor in a minute.

She was shocked, coinciding with her shock a thunder roared in the clouds above. The front was utterly destroyed, right next to the front door, lay a blonde renart, blood coming out of her mouth and nose in contrast to her fair white skin. She had been the first to die huh, she had no choice but to keep moving forward. She then came in front of a girl with black hair, her purple robe stained red as a pillar was erected to skewer her body. 'She didn't even get to unsheathe her weapon'

Ais sped up, worrying for the worst, she saw the corpse of a red haired blacksmith with a great sword presumably his, stuck in his chest and a little prum whose dead eyes were covered by her brown hair.

Ais "Bell," she said with a voice slightly louder than a whisper.

She checked the rooms, almost everything was trashed, the hallways were covered in cut marks. She entered a grand hall, where the rain which had started by now was pouring in through the hole at the roof. In the middle, lay a lone white rabbit. His shirt tore apart, his body covered in bruises. His usually pale skin covered in shades of blue and purple. A massive gash ran from one corner of his shoulder to his waist. She panicked like she never had before, she went up to him and lifted his head. His long white hair covering his eyes, she could only shed a single tear in response to the sight in front of her. She couldn't help but worry. But there was something else gripping her heart, something that was only for monsters: anger. She was angry, at herself. for failing to protect him, for failing to stop him from harm's way.