A Moment of Weakness

chapter 3: a moment of weakness

Bell and Eina were just staring at each other. 'He said he joined the Loki familia?!' This was crucial for mainly one reason. The Loki and Freya familia had been equally as powerful as each other and had a balance. However, since Bell now joined the Loki familia, although he is level 4, with his speed, he can ruin the complete power balance.

Eina finally coming back "THE LOKI FAMILIA!?" she practically screamed as others looked at them.

Bell "Why is it so surprising. After my family, they were the ones who I was the next closest to," he said as if it was obvious.

Eina "I know that but still... wait are you still trying to go after kenki?" She asked, remembering the beginning of everything.

However, this came as a crash to Bell. Up until now, he was wallowing in sorrow and guilt and now that he has revenge in mind, he never really tried to check and see how he feels for Ais. Did he still love her? Was it ever really love for that fact? It could've been just admiration of a saviour, you know the type you feel for the heroes in the stories. He was going through a mental turmoil, but he never noticed how he looked externally. This crash made him drop the façade and the intimidating look and bloodlust came back making Eina slightly fearful.

Eina 'e-eh? Did I step on a landmine? Why is he so angry?' she thought slightly intimidated and frankly surprised at how Bell had become.

Eina "s-sorry Bell, I didn't mean to pry into anything," which brought back Bell.

Bell " no sorry, I didn't mean to intimidate you. but either way, no that's not the reason as to why I joined. After I buried their bodies, I entered the Loki familia on a conditional agreement,"
noticing him slip up information that he didn't intend to.

Eina "oh and what's the agreement?"

Bell trying to change the subject "hey look at that wall, it looks so white," as always he was horrible at misleading people.

Eina oozing a dark aura "Bell-kun," Bell noticing this ran off saying "The dungeon calls for me Eina, let's continue this conversation never."

Eina "geez that boy," she said with a smile, she was happy that losing his familia did not change him but then did it really not? Was Bell still the same as always? What about that murderous aura he was giving off? These questions ran through her mind, before she decided to do what she always likes to clear her mind: paperwork.

Meanwhile Bell had entered the dungeon. He wanted to try out his new weapons. He kept up the aura and effortlessly went down to the 15th floor. Where the minotaurs start spawning. He found one right ahead of him, oblivious to Bell's presence. Bell tried to use only the red blade first. As he grabbed the sword in two hands, he felt a new sensation, the only other time he had used a two weapon was in floor 18 when he was level 2. Needless to say Bell moved faster now, but that wasn't all. The sword was so sharp that he managed to slide right through the minotaur. In fact, even he couldn't control the light but sturdy blade to the point that he nearly crashed into the wall.

Bell "incredible..." he felt power. He felt like this blade was made for him. He then decided to try out the blue one. Since it was made by the same person he assumed its sharpness and tried to control his speed better. This time cutting successively the multiple minotaurs, practically dancing across the dungeon. The incredible thing however, was when he was done one slashing the minotaurs, there was not a single speck of blood on the sword. It's white handles was spotless.

Bell "damn, I hit jackpot, I really need to find him. I get the feeling with him, my revenge will be easier," he said with a dark smile on his face. He practiced for the day, he stayed on the floor, after all he was alone today and for the foreseeable future so he didn't go too deep. However, he was on a rampage, he was dancing on the back of his foot, he was twisting turning. However, now he remembered the pain of stopping to pick up the magic stones.