The Mask of Happiness

*Twilight Manor*

Bell had been shown a way to his room. His weapons confiscated for the night, since they were afraid he would try to kill himself. Bell could do nothing, he tried to sleep but every time he closed his eyes, he could see them. Being killed one by one, their screams filled with pain and cries for him to run, while he couldn't move. A single tear flowed from his closed eyes, he couldn't bear the pain. The voice constantly spoke to him. (I will refer to it as voice from now on)

Voice "your familia died and now you are lying down in bed trying to sleep," it criticised.

Bell "I have no choice, they won't let me die, I can't do anything,"

Voice mocked him "yes, you can't do anything. You can't even die when you want, you rely on others too much,"

Bell "Shut up. I know I am weak, but what do you want me to do?"

Voice "what do I want? what do you want? Revenge? Peace? do you think you deserve it?"

Bell crying now "I don't deserve it. I don't deserve to have another family again, but I am constrained by it,"

Voice "by what? Say it, admit it. You are afraid of killing yourself. You still find value in your pitiful life,"

Bell "STOP. I am just confused, I want revenge I don't want anyone else to go through what I went through."

Voice "oh look at you, still thinking like a hero. Do you think that you are in any position for that?"

Bell had enough, he got up and searched through his bag, sniffling persistently. He took a single thin vial with some blue liquid. It was a sleep potion. He never thought he would need to take it. He drank it in one go and fell asleep on the floor.

Loki's POV

It was morning, it was time to check on Bell and give him a falna. She forced him to leave his door open throughout the night, in case he wanted to do something. She went in and saw Bell on the floor. Pale, I mean really pale.

Loki "BRAAAT!" she shouted instantly, the executives came running to his room. They found him on the floor with Loki there.

Finn "What happened?"

Loki "I came in to see he was on the floor, I think he took a poison potion to kill himself,"

Finn "Damn we forgot to check his backpack,"

Ais "is he fine?" They were going to check when Bell jumped up. In a swift motion, it almost seemed like someone raised him from the dead and from the look in his eyes, it felt like his soul had already left him.

Bell "why is everyone here?" he said in a monotonous voice.

Loki "why do ya think boy? There is a bed to sleep on, I thought ya drank poison,"

Bell "Oh. I should've done that," Loki was exasperated at that.

Loki "... Riveria is gonna get yer potions from now on. I won't let ya go near any pharmacies from now on," she was worried that he would buy poison and drink it to death.

Bell "...ok," he said, "could you give me a falna, I have a goal to achieve remember," Loki was reminded.

Loki " right yer goal for revenge and coming back to us alive and well,"

Bell "nice try, but I think you got it a bit wrong." he corrected knowing fully well, what she was saying.

Loki "darn, anyways get on the bed, and you lot can go now, I am pretty sure he can't try to kill himself with me around," with this everyone nodded and started going back to breakfast. Ais gave a sad glance at Bell, who was taking off his shirt by now. Riveria noticed but also knew what she felt. She may not have liked it, but she did have a motherly side for Ais and the other girls. But, there was something more. It felt as if she was personally feeling conflicted. As if she had done something to Bell's familia. Seeing him so distant and broken, pained her greatly but she couldn't understand.