Working Hard

The day after the dates

In the morning Bell woke up and was practically dragged outside by Ais who was desperate to train. They got up to the wall they usually went to in the past and trained. For the first time Bell was the one wiping the floor with Ais. She was using tempest as well but he could pretty much overpower her. By the end, Bell was sweating a bit but Ais was huffing and puffing.

"h-how are you s-so strong now," Ais said while panting.

"I don't know I guess I just became stronger, its thanks to that skill I assume," Bell carelessly responded.

"That's just not fair at t-this point. I was an adventurer for longer time, you haven't even been one one for 2 years yet you're already ahead of me," Ais said, "this has to be some divine intervention."

"Could be, I don't know things for this either. As far as I'm concerned I have to be strong to fight,"

"I thought your skill was powered by emotions, what is driving you now." Ais asked. As soon as she asked that, images flashed by Bell's mind. His dead friends, his new family, the innocent smiles of the children on the streets, the Xenos who desperately hoped to mix to the surface dwellers and most of all... Riveria. The woman with her own fair share of insecurities and worries, the one he has come to love, that reciprocates it.

"A lot of things... but if I may think, it has to be the drive to protect and kill." Bell said with a voice that basically declared that he was right.

"Desire to protect and kill?" Ais asked confused.

"I want to protect you guys, I want to be a hero. I want to fight for and protect her, but I also want revenge, for my old familia," Bell said looking at the rising sun. The scene was beautiful. "I can't say much, but if I were to guess let me ask... what drives you to fight Ais? although, I do have an inkling of suspicion that I already know it." he asked.

"it... it's to get revenge and save my mother," Ais said looking down.

"I see so Aria is still alive huh?" Bell said rubbing his chin. Ais' eyes shot up, she looked up in shock.

"Y-you knew a-already?" She asked in pure horror.

"Maybe I didn't realise before, but you know, Waldstein and Wallenstein sound weirdly similar. There is also the description of Aria in stories as a beautiful blonde woman and here is a beautiful blonde woman right in front of me.." Bell stated. Ais blushed as Bell called her beautiful but moved on.

"y-you aren't disturbed by it?" She asked.

"Why should I be? Sure, I have no clue in hell how you came to this time while looking young not to mention grow up as a child, but I can chalk a lot of things up to magic. Its not that surprising." Bell shrugged. Ais looked blankly. What was she supposed to think? Here was Bell, who had her all figured out but could not give two shits about how she got here... he didn't even care. "you are still Ais right?" he asked. Ais nodded, "then what do I have to worry about, let's go breakfast is going to be given soon," he said walking to the stairs of the tower and the two walked back to the manor.

Bell went for breakfast and sat down next to Riveria.

"good morning, Riv," He said with a smile. Riveria looked up and started remembering the night before and started blushing.

"g-good morning," she replied.

"Right so what happened with her," Loki asked.

"don't worry bout the details, she can handle this, anyways I gotta go to the dungeon. I haven't gone in time," Bell sighed.