Gathering Forces

Chapter 15: Gathering Forces

A/N: Yo wys. Now, chill. I admit, I may or may not have forgot that I did republish this story on wattpad. My bad I guess? But uh yeah, I've just been a bit busy, regardless here is the chapter I wrote like months ago. I said it before, I'll say it again, I've written up till chapter 27. Just need the time to publish it. Also there is most likely a hell of a lot of grammatical mistakes, give me a break man. I've started proof reading and re-checking from like chapter 23 onwards. You can expect me to write 18k words and then read my own writing all over again, because I don't have a proofreader.

As careless as that sounds, it's the truth, it takes way too much time to re-read my own writing. But yh I've been forcing myself to do that and hopefully thibngs wll change for the better.

It's been 4 days since Bell and Riveria have driven off the Behemoth from the Alf forest. Once the soldiers had returned, they warned everyone of evacuating. They expected Bell and Riveria to teleport to the knife Bell gave to Azek, however, once the night had passed and they didn't come, they started to fear the worst. By daybreak, the Alf forest was untouched, and the people started to come back. The soldiers and Larfal and Alice, all worried for Bell and Riveria, made their way as the soldiers acted as guides. What they found froze them to the core.

It was Bell and Riveria, lying in a massive dried splooge of blood, both pale as snow, evidently, staying in the open over night, with just their cold. While everyone was frozen, Alice sprung forth to the both of them, trying to shake them awake. Nothing. Not a single response from either. They were both knocked cold, and the only glimmer of hope was the faint pulse in both people's bodies. Unsure, how long even that pulse would remain, everyone moved to bring both Bell and Riveria back to home. On their way, Bell had two potions, barely intact. They each gave them one, although making them drink would be practically impossible, they poured it over their bodies, so that it helped them survive a bit longer.

Larfal, aware that the elven magicians healing wouldn't be enough to help either, immediately sent a letter to Loki. Not trusting the guild as they could be very slow, Loki was the only hope.

When Loki got the letter, she immediately took Finn and Lefiya as sign that they were not intruders. She left Gareth in command, and went to both blue pharmacy and Dian cecht. She agreed to pay the costs of the two main healers of both pharmacies being gone for a while. Right now, her children's lives were more important. She left in an emergency, thankfully Ouranos wasn't an idiot, and realised something happened hence, he allowed them a pass to leave.

This entire thing was very risky for Loki. The Goddess of a familia leaving without her familia was very dangerous, especially when you are as powerful as the Loki familia. However, she had to get the perfect balance. From Larfal's brief letter, it was understandable that Bell and Riveria had encountered a tough opponent, but also the fact that they never found a magic stone, meaning the thing was still alive. And If two of the strongest level 7s, couldn't beat a monster, there was no way it was safe there.

She went for abilities first, she obviously had to go herself, as updating their statuses could prove vital in their healing process.

Loki arrived at the Alf forest

"Alright guys, no matter what, for the love of me, just don't antagonise them too much," Loki said. "I don't think that Bell would easily be accepted, and having more non elves enter their holy forest, is probably going to make them want to chew our heads off."

"Basically, we are running on a short fuse huh?" Lefiya said. Loki only nodded.

"Still, I wonder what kind of thing could reduce two level 7s in an apparent sorry state," Naza asked.