Revival

Chapter 14: Revival

two months timeskip

It's been a repetitive cycle for Bell this last two month. The difference is that his level of acceptance and respect has been steadily increasing. Now, that people know it is impossible to get rid of him, people are now accepting him more now. Bell even has a fan club and a secret group that supports Bell and Riveria's relationship regardless of the fact that he isn't a high Elf. Bell always woke up, got ready and trained. He took a shower and went to train the soldiers, who seemed to greatly follow and respect his decisions. He had gotten a formal nickname there as well, he was called ' commander' because of his overwhelming skills at controlling the army and managing the troops behaviour. He has even gotten in friendly terms with a lot of them. After training and fighting some of the monsters in the vicinity of the forest, he would come back and focus on his new tricks with Larfal. Larfal, although never admitted it, had been warming up to Bell. Once even accidentally calling him son, but he always tried to put up a tough front. However, he did always genuinely get pissed when Bell teased him by calling him a tsundere.

It was still shocking to people how Bell never gave a damn about who Larfal actually was, he was often informal and after a while, he even stopped bowing when in his presence. He started cracking jokes and playing some sort of prank on Larfal out in the open, many of the maids often heard shouts from Larfal, telling Bell to stop pissing him off. However, the activity of monsters have become suspicious in the area, it had become strangely coordinated by the present time.

Present time

Bell finally finished their training. The troops fell to the ground panting. "come on, it's been two months and you lot still haven't gotten used to it?" Bell asked as some people grunted.

"Well, huff, not all of us are freaky monsters like you commander," a brown haired man said. He had a lean face, no excess fat and had what you would call a perfectly refined body. His beauty was often compared to Bell's, while, Bell was called 'cool' he was referred to as 'pretty'

"Oh Am I the monster? Alright fine, let me be benevolent for the umpteenth time and let's go drinking tonight, it's on me," Bell lifted his hands, a collective cheer could be heard by the soldiers.

Bell made his way back leading them, he met Larfal with his guards.

"oh no, not again," one of them said while noticing the glint in Bell's eyes. If people didn't recognise that, they would surely see the wicked grin plastered across on Bell's face.

"Oh, Father~" Bell shouted playfully. Larfal flinched and stopped on the spot.

"GODDAMN IT, THIS IS WHY I SAID WE SHOULD WALK FASTER," Larfal shouted face palming.

"Oh, don't act so cold," Bell said as he poked Larfal's cheek, "you, little, tsundere," Bell said. A tick appeared on Larfal's forehead.

Bell smiled, but as quickly as he had gotten there, his smile and disappeared and a serious look took its place, he leaned into Larfal's ears, "I got an important report to make later, I'll drop by tonight by 10.00" Bell said, as Larfal was about to respond Bell's started talking again as he was heading back. "Or, tomorrow depends on how long your troops keep me drinking," He said as he walked off.

"That impertinent human," one of the guards said but was promptly stopped by Larfal.

"don't bother, even I have gotten used to his antics in the past two months," Larfal sighed in defeat.

"no way, my King, did you accept him as your son in law then?" another guard asked in disbelief.

"No," Larfal said, "Not yet. He needs to accomplish more, to be worthy of the elven royalty's name," Larfal said with a confident smile.