Chapter 19: Victory

Chapter 19:

The wind was howling, everything seemed to suddenly get dark. Amongst a mountain of unconscious and heavily injured adventurers stood one man. His sanity torn separated from his body, his inner demon acting out in a raging misfit. Reversed white pupils in a sea of fiery red. The behemoth slowly backed away, fearing the unnatural glow that emerged from the man's back. He stood 6'0 tall, lean handsome face, a seemingly calm yet wild atmosphere about him.

"B-Blood lust? Y-you found a new host?" the behemoth asked as it backed away.

"how long it been? A few years maybe a couple decades?" Bloodlust responded. Kafshe stood surprised.

"you... have a persona? Last time you were only detectable under a controlled radar used by her," Kafshe asked surprised.

"well, this one and the old man Zard are quite different, but enough nonsense. My purpose is your destruction, and just like las time, I'll win once again." Blood lust grinned.

'when this... thing, took hold of one of the Zeus familia's strongest last time, it took the form of an incredible skill, that allowed Zard to eat monster parts to gain strength. But you're telling me, after passing on to this man, he not only gained a personality but also boosts the stats incredibly?' Kafshe wondered.

"just what is that boy to that man?" Kafshe asked curious. She wasn't really worried, even if she died, some foolish humans believing in some twisted saviour would revive her again anyways, there always seems to be one at least once in a few generations. However, blood lust had been an outlier that appeared both the last run and this time. Kafshe always had the ability to talk however, by the time she was properly killed or at least decommissioned, she had to fully awake. Last time she had become aware and did managed to gain intelligence, but the Zeus and Hera familia were still too strong, and they decided to keep the presence of intelligent monsters out of the data they gave because it would do no good to people if they learnt monsters could talk.

"He is his, or rather my uncle." Blood lust told the behemoth.

"U-uncle?" Kafshe asked confused. It's eyes widened, "no, don't tell me this abnormal monster is..." Kafshe asked.

"yep, he is also the last remnant of the Zeus and Hera familia. Sort of the last hero if you will. But he hates that role so don't call him that. Well then, that enough chatter, let's get slaying." Blood lust returned with a wicked smile. Bell disappeared as two massive streaks of blood sprouted out of Kafshe hard shell. A massive semi-tunnel forming on it's back as if someone had literally dug out a path. Blood lust reappeared on the other side, with Sariel and Ariel drawn.

"your shell is as weak as always isn't it, behemoth chan." Blood lust grinned.

"hmph, you may have won because of Zard before, but this man is still a level 7 and the rest of his friends are literally not moving an inch. I can beat you." Kafshe returned with a howl, that blew up the place Blood lust was standing. However, as the dust cleared he was nowhere to be seen, he reappeared right in front of Kafshe's face. Using the swords blood lust relentless sliced up the eyes of the monster. Into halves, then quarters then eighths and so on. The behemoth let out an air blast in point blank, Blood lust got caught up in it and was blown back. Not that it mattered, the host was already unconscious, as long as the bones didn't break blood lust could fight.

'use the falna fully.' Blood lust remembered. He consciously took in the burning feeling in Bell's back, he could tell he levelled up. He could feel the increase in strength, the ascension was beginning. He was... a level 8. The burning feeling slowly increased to the shoulders, a place the falna is not meant to be. It grew bigger, and so did his power. The white pupils, moved erratically upon impact. Bell coughed out blood. It was strange.