Love Letters

[ Narrator ]

Y/n L/n had been staying with the Fairchild's for 3 months originally. It had been 2 years and her parents failed to show up. She couldn't blame them anymore though, not after the paper the governess had given her.

Her parents had been murdered in their hotel room by a man who had then proceeded to jump off the roof. She was angry at the world, to say the least.

She was angry she didn't get to see her parents, angry the man who killed them then himself, angry she didn't know sooner. She cried a lot during that time, something that was unusual for the girl. She didn't like the feeling of crying. She felt weak, fragile.

She hadn't gotten close with her hosts, she hadn't tried. She and Miles would cross paths daily, as if he wanted it to happen. Once she even woke to him standing next to her bed. She stared at him for what felt like hours until he turned and walked away. She pushed the occurrence out of her mind and didn't think of it till morning.

Y/n had always found Miles to be quite handsome which might've been why she felt so comforted by him. She would find herself glancing at him while he did tasks throughout the day.

She'd watch his eyes as he read, his hands as they delicately picked up a spider, his hair as it bounced when he road the horses, his shoes as he ran after Flora, his lips as he mumbled to himself. His lips... She wanted to know what he tasted like so badly.

She wanted the feeling. She craved it. She wanted his tongue against hers or his lips traveling down her neck. She wanted his arms to hold her closely as she woke from one of her nightmares.

She wanted him but had no clue how badly he wanted her.

Miles would stalk her throughout the day, following behind her silently. He wanted to push her up against a wall and run his fingers over her sensitive lips as she whimpered from his touch. He wanted to hold her closely as they slept, their legs a tangled mess while her head lay on his chest or in the crook of his neck. He wanted to pull her into the shadows and kiss her passionately. He wanted her. He wanted to protect her too. That was the problem for him. He was already protecting her.

He was protecting the girl from the monsters that crept in his shadow. He was protecting her from his mind as dark as the ink he wrote his love letters to her in. The love letters she would never get to see... He put his feelings into the letters, then locked them into his drawers. By now there were dozens of them, all written in jet black ink by his careful hand. He wished so badly that he could give her his heart but he was afraid that in order to give the girl his heart, he had to have one. The two kids were so lost and in love, the pair was afraid there was nothing they could do...

[ Y/n ]

My eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the bright light shining in though my window. I held my hand over my eyes, sitting up slowly. I looked around at my room in confusion.

It was still dark.

I looked back to my window to realize the light was the moon. I shook my head at my silliness for thinking it was already morning when I had just fallen asleep. You see, I was so stressed, I just didn't know what to do. Earlier today, I went into Miles room to call him out for dinner but, he was asleep on his desk. It made my heart race as small snores came from his mouth.

I walked over and took a glance at what he was doing. It was a letter, a letter to me! My heart practically skipped a beat as I read and reread the first line, 'My dearest Y/n,'  I went to step closer to read the rest but my shin knocked into an open drawer. I looked down to see lots of papers, neatly folded but messily strewn about in the drawer. The only thing in my mind right now was how my name was on the front of all of them.