Protective

Narrator

Ever since Miles met Y/n, he's felt extra protective over her. Maybe more protective than Flora. She visited him often, since he'd been kicked out of school.

Then!

Miles had been hearing rumors about Y/n all over school today. It was seriously pissing him off, to say the least. He needed to know who started them. After harassing some first years, he got his answer. Miles followed him into the bathroom, locking the door behind him. He waited for the kid to stop peeing because Miles had some pride. "Oh, hey freak. How's your girlfriend? I heard she's been going down on at least ten other guys. Sorry bud... Better luck next time." He put his hand on Miles shoulder. This made the twisted boy brake. He punched the bigger boy in the stomach, causing him to collapse onto the floor. Miles got on top of him and started to punch as hard as he could. "You fucker! You think you can talk shit about my Y/n and have the audacity to try and spread rumors about her to me?!" He hit him as hard as he could. "Have you had enough? Are you going to keep spreading rumors?" Miles was panting angrily. "S-sorry your girlfriend's a-a slut." He gave a smile and Miles got off him, flipping him over. He grabbed the boy by his hair and started to slam his face into the ground. There were loud crunches and cracks and blood went everywhere. The other boy was now screaming for help. Crying out to anyone. Miles didn't stop, he was going to kill him when a teacher pulled him off of the kid. "Fuck you Fairchild! Fuck you and your slut girlfriend!" The whole school was standing around them. Miles pushed the teachers off him and ran at the kid. He grabbed his hair again and started to slam his face into a corner to make it more painful. He screeched in pain as Miles' fingers harshly gripped his hair. "Burn in hell you fucking prick! You bastard! You fucking lowlife, good for nothing, arrogant waste of space! I'm going to fucking kill you! I'm going to kill you and anyone else who talks about Y/n like that!"

Now!

Miles and Y/n cuddled in his bed, listening to one of Miles's records. He held onto her like if he let go she might die. This was okay because she held onto him the same way. "Hey Miles..." she muttered. "Yes?" He started to caress her arms. "Would it be so wrong to say we're in love?" The word made him feel all warm and anxious. "No... I don't think it would be wrong." He whispered. She nodded, "I love you Miles." He let the phrase settle into the air  before speaking. "I love you too." She smiled and looked up to peck his jawline. He smiled and went back to mindlessly caressing her.

Miles

Her body pressed against mine was a feeling that never failed to make me smile at night. My door opened and Y/n sat up. I glared at whomever had ruined my perfect moment. "Ever heard of knocking?" I propped myself up on my palms. Kate and Flora stood in the door. Flora ran over and jumped into my bed, crawling to give me a big hug. I smiled as I hugged her back. "Just coming to check on you two." I rolled my eyes. "We don't need a babysitter Kate. We're both 15." Kate raised her eyebrows. "That doesn't make you responsible at all Miles." I tried to make sure the covers didn't get lifted any.  We'd gone out to town last night to buy snacks and if Kate noticed... Christ, we'd die. Flora sat up on my stomach and started to tell us about something that had happened to her today.
"-and then the fish made a REALLY  big splash and got Kate and I allllllll wet." I let a small laugh slide and nodded. "That's a good story, did you change clothes?" She sighed and nodded, "Yeah but it took a really long time since it's hard for me to match my clothes. Kate says she would make me a chart to help." I nodded and and looked over to Kate. "Thanks Kate." Flora's voice sounded a little sad but I knew it was because she was focused on pulling at the loose seams of my sweater. "Yeah, thanks Kate." I repeated Flora, altering my tone it sound more mischievous. "Alright Flora, let's leave these two alone. Say bye to Miles and Y/n. We'll come back in a little while." Flora gave me a hug and then reached over to hug Y/n. She climbed off of me and ran after Kate, shutting my door. I took the snacks out from my covers and hid them in my drawers. Y/n tossed me a few that I missed and helped me figure out where to hide them.