Untitled

Spoilers?

Narrator

Y/n had never seen the 'evil' side of Miles. All she got was the funny, sweet, kind, adorable Miles. She definitely was never scared when she was around him. She thought it was damn near impossible to be scared of him. Yet Kate was mortified. After convincing them to leave Bly with Flora, Y/n had noticed Miles anxiously checking on his younger sister. She wrapped her arms around him from behind and stood on her tippy toes. "It's going to by okay... We've been outside of Bly hundreds of times. We'll show Flora all the cool spots." He nodded and Y/n laid several kisses on his neck. Finally, they were leaving.

Y/n

I smiled at Flora as we got in the car. She fidgeted with her hands and I took one of her hands in my hand. Kate got in and smiled at us. "Let's go." She turned the engine on and started down the long path. The closer we got, the more anxious Flora became. "Please stop, I don't wanna go." She said. "Oh no sweetie, we're almost there." Kate objected. There was tension in the car. Miles turned to look at Flora. "Please stop!" Flora said more frantically. "Stop the car." Miles said sternly. Flora tried to take her seatbelt off. "Stop I don't want to go anymore!" She screamed. "Flora, stop. Sit back in your seat." Kate objected. "Stop the car!" Miles repeated with more force. "Miles make her stop or I'm gonna die! I don't wanna die!" Flora was painfully gripping my hand, screaming and crying. "Stop the car or I'll fucking kill you!" Miles shouted. Kate stopped and I helped Flora with her seatbelt. Miles opened his door and Flora crawled into the front to get out. "I told you to stop. Let's go Y/n." Miles climbed out and I listened, opening my door. Kate went to open hers as well but Miles pushed it back shut. "I know what you're afraid of. Keeping the lights on won't keep you safe." He started after Flora and I followed behind him. My stomach twisted uncomfortably. He cared about Flora but his words didn't seem empty. They were like a loaded gun being held to her head. I was slow, he was getting further and further away. "Y/n? Come on let's go!" I hurried up to him and he took my hand, holding it firmly.

When we finally found Flora, she was sitting by a tree crying. Miles took a deep breath, "I'm gonna fucking kill that bitch for what she did to Flora." His whisper make me tremble for a moment. He let go of my hand and sat next to Flora. She scrambled into her big brothers arms and held him as tight as she could. "She was gonna kill me Miles!" Flora cried. I wandered off to find some flowers to make a flower crown for Flora. There was a nice little patch so I sat down next to it and got to work.

I was kinda spooked by the whole situation so making this cute flower crown was a good way for me to calm myself. I came back to Miles and Flora who were still sitting at the tree. Miles gave a worried glance in my direction and saw me. He exhaled and gave me a weak smile. I returned it and sat down next to them. "Hey Flora, Y/n made you something." Flora barely lifted her head from her brothers body to look at me. I held up the little flower crown and Flora sat up, wiping her face a little. I smiled and put the flower crown on her head. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Wow Flora! You look like a real princess!" Miles exclaimed, tickling her sides. She laughed and opened her eyes. "Miles! I was getting ready." Flora pouted "Oh sorry." Miles slunk back a little bit. "Don't be sad Miles, it's okay. I won't declare you to execution." He laughed and thanked her. I didn't do anything. I was shocked that his six year old little sister knew what that even was. She got up and started to go around, gathering sticks. I missed what she was gathering them for. Miles put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. He leaned down so his lips met my ear and whispered "Thank you, Darling." I couldn't help but smile as he lightly kissed my cheek.

When Miles and I walked home together, I couldn't quite decided how I felt. I was quiet through his rambling. "Hey! Are you listening?" I jumped at his shout and let my eyes dart around for a moment before I realized he was just in front of me. "Damn, sorry I didn't mean to scare you babe. You're just not being yourself y'know?" I nodded and he kissed my lips lightly, I only kind of kissed back.

Miles and I were in bed, I was sleeping facing away from him. He tossed and turned before finally tapping on my shoulder. "What Miles?" I asked as calmly as I could. "Can we cuddle? I mean, we do every night but you're being kinda distant..." I sighed and sat up. He sat up too and looked at me. "Listen, Miles... I'm just a little confused." He rubbed my arm lightly. "About what, lovely?" I inched away from his touch. "You." I finally spoke. He let his hand fall off my shoulder. "Why me?" He asked. "Because of what you said to Kate." He clenched his fists. "Flora asked her to stop. She told her she was scared and she didn't do anything! That shitbag of a nanny deserves to die!" My eyes widened with fear. "Miles, I don't care who it is or what they did! You can't threaten people like that! It seems like you actually might kill her Miles." He scoffed. "Don't be stupid babydoll." I scrunched my face at the comment and brought my hand up. I slapped him before anything else could be said.
"What the—" I was out of bed and gathering all my stuff from his room. "Baby, Baby, what are you doing?" He got up and came to me. "Miles, I may have to stay with your family but that does not mean that I have to stay with you. We're finished Miles." He grabbed my hand and tried to stop me. "Oh please my love, don't leave me. You're all I have. We were made to be together." He kissed my hand over and over. I would miss his soft lips. "No Miles. We're through. Fuck off already." He let go of me and stood in front of his door. "Miles move.' He shook his head. "Y/n, I love you more than anything and I won't let you leave me. We'll be better soon I swear. It's just a little rough patch, all couples have them. Please don't end something so good over nothing." I shook my head. "Sweetheart I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said 'don't be stupid.' You were worried but I couldn't see it, I'm so sorry. I'll apologize to Kate tomorrow, can you please just get back in bed." My lip quivered, I couldn't cry now. "Miles, I- I don't know." My voice broke and I dropped my clothes and books on the ground, placing my hand over my mouth. "No, don't cry, I hate it when you cry." He stepped over the pile and wrapped me in his arms. I gripped his bare skin, my fingers would leave marks. His hands caressed my body carefully. Do I leave him? It's moments like this when I love him most I think. His lanky figure holding my petite body. Carefully stroking my hair or my back. Any second now he'll whispered in my ear, "Do you want me to carry you?" I nodded and he bent down to grab my legs as well. I snuggled in closer to his chest and let my tears silently slide onto his shoulder. Maybe I shouldn't leave him. Miles carefully laid me in bed and then got in next to me, holding my waist.

I sniffled and held onto him, contemplating what to do. "Princess..." he whispered. "Yes Miles?" He sat up. "I love you more than anything in the whole world. Please, please don't leave me."