Seeing Double

Narrator

Y/n and Miles Fairchild never planned for it to happen like this. They never planned to have kids so young. Yet here they were, 20 and two twin boys. The two were married at 19 and hadn't even thought about kids. Still, here they are, in their home, cradling two baby boys. Miles had his feet kicked up, watching tv. He had Victor in his arms though at this point, he couldn't tell which one this was. Y/n was in the kitchen, making a sandwich. She had Oliver and she definitely could tell who was who. Oliver's small hands pat his mouth. "Hey Bub, what's going on?" She asked, patting his hair. It was a deep black like Miles' yet, pin straight. Miles came into the kitchen, kissing her head. Miles set Victor down and put his hands on her hips. "Won't you come out and cuddle me?" She nodded and lightly kissed his lips. He sighed and pulled her back in. "I need more." He murmured, leaning into her lips. She grinned as he propped her up against the counter, her legs around his waist. He had his hands beside her and her hands patched around his neck.

Y/n

Miles licked my bottom lip, begging for entrance. I opened my mouth and let him take control. I felt his eyelashes on my cheeks, he had his eyes open. I pulled away for air, opening my eyes. He chuckled and pecked my lips. I started to giggle softly as well, smiling like an idiot. I got off the counter and finished the sandwich I was making. I took it into the living room and smiled as Miles scooped up both the boys. They giggled and cooed and the sight of it made my heart melt. When I'd first met Miles, I never would've thought we'd end up like this. God, it's just so hard not to love him... He sat down and set the babies on either side of him, "Ready Victor?" He asked Oliver, "Ready Oliver?" He turned to Victor. I laughed and Miles glanced up at me. "What?" I shrugged, "It's just... That's Victor and that's Oliver." He looked up at the ceiling in frustration. "God it is so hard to have identical babies." I shrugged, "Here, just look at their hair. I part Victor's on the left and Oliver's on the right." He looked down at Oliver, leaning in really close. He then kissed his face over and over again. "You turned out pretty good little dude." He leaned over to Victor. Victor reached up and grabbed Miles' cheeks. Miles grinned and kissed his hands. "You also turned out pretty well." He let Victor grab his finger and turned back to me. "They're so cute." I nodded and put Oliver in my lap, leaning onto Miles shoulder.

——

10 years later

I sat outside the twins room, my head in my hands. "Hey..." Miles came out of their room and held a hand out. I took it and laid my head on his shoulder. "Miles what are we going to do?" He shook his head and wrapped his arms around me. "It'll be okay."