:(

Y/n

I sat in the bathroom with Miles, one of the many white and pink sticks in my hand. "Ready?" I asked, he nodded eagerly. I flipped it over. 'Positive'  I smiled widely and passed him it. "Fuck yeah baby! I can feel it, this is going to be the one."

3 months later

"We're terribly sorry Mr and Mrs Fairchild... The baby is dead." Miles drove his fist into the wall then left the room. I sat with the nurse and cried into my hands. "Why does it keep happening?" I cried, this baby was 9. Nine miscarriages. No matter how hard we tried, we just couldn't do it. My lips were pressed together tightly, I finally stopped crying. I stood up and thanked the nurse, leaving. Miles was in the hallway pacing back and forth. His hands pushed his hair back. He saw me leaving and caught up with me.

We walked the car together in silence, completely devastated. He opened my door for me and I got in. Then, he came around to the drivers seat and got in himself. We sat in silence for a moment before he started hitting the steering wheel. He hit it over and over again, pain filled his cries. I was crying again too, I wrapped my arms around his waist as he continued to hit it. "It's not fair! It's not fair! It's not fair! It's not fair! Why do you always take them from us?" He screamed at no one. He resting his head against the steering wheel. "It's not f-fair." He whispered "We would be good parents." He was shaking now, sobbing uncontrollably. I held onto him tightly, crying into his sweater.

We sat in the parking lot until we'd stopped crying. Miles wiped his face on his sleeve and turned the car on. He looked over at me and put his hand on my cheek. "We'll keep trying..." I nodded and kissed his hand. He let go and pulled out of the parking lot, heading back home.

When we got home, it was pouring. We got out and walked up the path to the front door. I kept my eyes on the ground, my arms wrapped in Miles, holding onto him. "Y/n." I looked up at him. He was staring straight ahead at our porch. "Oh my god!" I ran up to the porch, falling onto my hands and knees. There, two babies sat, wrapped in a towels. Miles came after me and unlocked the door. I picked one up and Miles grabbed the other. We brought them inside, to our room. "What do we do?" Miles frantically looked around. "Uh, I'll dry them off! Go call an ambulance, it should take less time than driving." He nodded and set the baby down carefully on the bed. Neither of them were doing anything, their faces were a faint shade of blue. I dried the one on the left off, then the one on the right. I took a ran to the drier and grabbed two of Miles shirts. They were warm so I took them back to the room, quickly wrapping the babies up in them. I prayed that they wouldn't die. Miles came through the door, picking at his lips anxiously. "Yes, yes... They were just on our porch. N-no they aren't ours. Sure? I'm positive! Well, yes we would... Right, here." He handed me the phone. "Hello, can you tell me if the babies hearts are beating? Are they breathing?" I stuck my hand under their noses. "Yes! They are! They are!" Miles paced back and forth. "Go get more clothes from the drier!" Miles ran out and came back with more clothes. We wrapped the babies up some more and used our hands to warm their faces. "How long do the ambulance fucking take?" I said, afraid I'd lose one or both of these innocent babies. "I swear to god... I'll kill the person who did this." Miles whispered. Suddenly, one of the babies started to cry. Miles and I looked at each other overjoyed. Now we needed the other one. "I'm going to go make something for them to eat." I handed Miles the baby and rushed into the kitchen. I dug into the back of cabinets and the pantry for two bottles and some baby formula. I turned the faucet on warm and anxiously waited for it to warm up. When it did, I filled the cups and added the formula. I put the lids on and shook them as I ran back to the room. Miles looked flustered while trying to keep the babies warm as they screamed. I handed him a bottle and took one of the babies. I held it close to me and put the bottle into it's mouth. "They're boys." I looked over at Miles. His baby had stopped crying and he held him close to his body. I looked down at the baby in my arms who had also stopped crying. I was so glad they were both still alive. "Really?" Miles hummed, "You can check if you want but I've been a boy my whole life and I'm pretty sure that's not a girl." I laughed a little before being interrupted by a knock at the door. Miles and I both got up and rushed to the door. Three people stood there, two with equipment and one with a note in her hand. We handed the babies to them and the two men followed Miles inside. The woman handed me the note.

Mr & Mrs Fairchild,
These are my two twin boys. They don't have names or a home. I've noticed you always coming out of the doctor in tears and when I looked through your medical records I found you had not one but eight miscarriages. I've decided these two will be better with you. Don't look for me.
I'm dead.

I put a hand to my mouth and looked up at the woman. "Are you willing to take these two into custody?" I turned around to call Miles over. He looked up and reluctantly came over. "What's wrong?" I handed him the note. He gripped it tightly, "What's the meaning of this?" He asked looking at the woman. "Miles, calm down... She didn't do anything, we missed it when we came in. But... Should we keep them?" He looked over at me, "What do you think?" I looked back at the two baby boys. "I think we should." Miles nodded and put the note in his pocket. "Then we will." The woman nodded and pulled out her phone. "I'll get a social worker over here."

3 months later

Miles entered the kitchen with Victor in his arms. "Oliver isn't waking up." I nodded and went into their room to see him fast asleep in his crib. I picked him up and held him in my arms so I could study his face. It was scary how much they looked like Miles and I. "Oliver come on bud, wake up." He was so cute while he slept. He reached out and touched my nose. "Mama." He whispered before falling back asleep. "What?" I turned around and went to run into the kitchen. Miles held a now sleeping Victor in his arms. "Wha- it doesn't matter."

"Oliver said his first word!"
"Victor said his first word!"

Miles and I stared at each other. "Creepy." I murmured before moving Oliver onto my hip. I walked over and kissed Victor's head lightly. Miles offered to trade so we did, I rocked him lightly in my arms. "I'm so proud of you two! Even if it's a little creepy... I'm still so proud!" Miles kissed Oliver's face over and over again. I could tell he was really happy. He loved us all so much. "Hey Miles?" He stopped kissing Oliver. "I love you so much, you make such an amazing father." He grinned and pecked my lips. "I love you too. You're quite an amazing mother and I have no doubt these two will end up to be great boys."