7 - The Spirit World (Winter Solstice Part 1)

Reader's P

Reader's P.O.V.

"General Iroh!" You call. "General Iroh?!"

You and Zuko had been looking for the old man for an hour now. Zuko was really in a rush.
"Uncle! It's time to leave! Where are you? Uncle Iroh!" Zuko shouted.

You noticed some steam coming from behind some bushes. You peeked behind the bushes and found Iroh in a hot bath, the tub made out of rock and fed by a stream coming out of the rocks behind it.

"Over here, Prince Zuko!" You call out.
Moments later, Zuko appeared beside you.

"Uncle? We need to move on!"
You nodded in agreement.

"He's right General, sir. We're closing in on the Avatar's trail and it would be for nothing if we were to lose him." You explain.

Iroh only smiled at the two of you and relaxed further into his jacuzzi.

"You look tired, Prince Zuko. You do as well
(Y/n). Why don't you both join me in these hot springs and soak away your troubles."

You chuckle at the thought of relaxing.
That would be nice yes.
But you could relax on the ship...

You sigh.
Who were you kidding?

It'd be a while before you could truly relax.
Zuko angrily repliesy "My troubles cannot be soaked away. It's time to go!"

"You should take your teacher's advice and relax a little. The temperature's just right. I heated it myself." Iroh says. He shifted position slightly, put his hands together, and breathed steam from his nostrils.

A bit of steam breezed onto you and you sighed.
Maybe a tiny break wouldn't hurt...

Zuko swat the stream away and protested.
"Enough! We need to leave now! Get out of the water!"
"Very well."

Iroh shrugged and stood up.
You suddenly found the trees behind you very interesting and Zuko looked away.

You intrude.

"On second thought General Iroh, why don't you take another few minutes while we head on back." You suggest, squeezing your cheeks to stop them from burning.

"But be back at the ship in half an hour or I'm leaving without you!" Zuko warned. Then he grabbed your wrist and walked away.

"Goodbye General Iroh!" You call.
"I told you to call me Uncle! See you in a bit Ms. (Y/n)!" Iroh laughed back.

You shake your head and follow Zuko back to the ship.
"Uncle? He wants you to call him Uncle?" Zuko questions.

You nod and smile.

"Don't worry Zuko, I haven't given in and I don't plan to. I know he's your uncle and you want him all to yourself." You smirk.

Zuko huffed.