6 - The Avatar and the Fire Lord

(Author's Note: This one is another kinda short one because you and Gaang are basically waiting as Aang is in the spirit realm

(Author's Note: This one is another kinda short one because you and Gaang are basically waiting as Aang is in the spirit realm.)

Reader's P.O.V.

The next morning, you were shaken awake.
"Huh—Wha?"

"Good morning (Y/n)!" You opened you eyes to stare up at Aang's face.
"You wouldn't happen to know where Avatar Roku's home is would you?"

You rubbed the sleep from your eyes and yawned as you sat up. "Yea I do. But there's nothing on it."

"That's ok. I really need to go there today."
"...Ok tiny monk. Whatever you say."

A few hours later, a very large cloud moved quickly forward in the air. You sat at the reins as Aang and Katara bent the elements around Appa to create a cloud for camouflage. Sokka looked over Appa's saddle for a better look. The island was unnervingly desolate.

"There it is. That's Roku's home." You said.
Katara looked confusedly around. "But there's nothing here." "Told you."Appa landed and Toph jumped from the saddle.

Once her feet hit the ground, she solemnly told Katara and the gang what she could see with her unique vision.

"Yes, there is. An entire village. Hundreds
of houses. All completely buried in ash."
Aang moved over a small hill and sat down in a meditative position.

"Umm... guys? What's he doing?"
"He's going into the Spirit World. He's probably going on some spiritual adventure and Roku's home is an easier way to access him.

You nodded slowly.
"Okaaaaay. Soooo... now what?"
"Now? We give Appa a bath. It's been a while since we have. And we don't want anyone to follow us by his shedding again."

You turned away from Aang and looked back at the group. "Again?!"
"Oh yea. (Y/n) let me fill you in on that story." Sokka said as he guided you toward the beast.

"Wow. So all of that happened the night before I got shot? That's crazy coincidental how we kind of found each other!" You said as you scrubbed behind Appa's ear.

He let out a soft groan of appreciation.
"Awww buddy! You like that? You needed a good scratch behind your ears, huh boy?" You cooed.

Momo chattered away as he landed on Sokka's shoulder as he grinned. "Yea. Good times huh?" You rolled your eyes.

"If you consider a blast of fire to the heart as good times then yea. I guess it was a lot of fun." Sokka's face paled before profusely apologizing.