14 - The Boiling Rock, Part 1

(Author's Note: Say it

(Author's Note: Say it. Say it right now. "Oh nooo! I thought the author wasn't going to post to day. HA! WRONG! No hopefully, you're reading this next day because y'all need sleep. But if not, then I guess it's all good. You do you boo. Ok y'all. Less do dis! But also, these gifs today bro? THESE GIFS TODAY BRO??? HOOO! 😅😚🥵😘🥺😭😜👌👌👌Okey I'm done. This one is still fire tho. Just let it be known. Onward!)

Reader's P.O.V.

It was nighttime when you all sat around the fire. Holding a tray full of teacups in one hand and a kettle in the other, Zuko made his way around the group.

"No one can make tea like Uncle. But hopefully, I learned a thing or two. Would you like to hear Uncle's favorite tea joke?"

"Sure."
"I like jokes."
"Bring it."
"Oh, dear..." You muttered.

Zuko kneeled between The Duke and Haru for them to help themselves to the tea. "Okay. Well, I can't remember how it starts but the punch line is, 'Leaf me alone, I'm bushed."

The group gave him a deadpanned look.
"...Well, it's funnier when Uncle tells it," Zuko said after a moment as he kneeled by you and Aang.
"Right. Maybe that's because he remembers the whole thing, Zuko." You giggled as you grabbed a cup.

Aang laughed and helped himself to a cup as well. The rest of the group laughed along too. Zuko's heart thumped harder against his chest at the sound of your laughter, but he still smiled at you through blushing cheeks.

"It's nice to get a chance to relax a little," Toph said as Zuko walked between her and Teo, handing them their drinks. "It hardly ever happens."

Just then, Sokka, who had been sitting to the side by himself, came over to you. "Hey Cutie, can I talk to you for a second?" He asked. You glanced around your friends, making sure they were preoccupied with each other before nodding.

Sokka lent you a hand to stand up, which immediately caught Zuko's attention.

Why were you holding his hand?
What's going on with you and Sokka?
Did he just call you a cutie?!
Neither of you noticed Zuko's piercing gaze on the both of you as you walked away.

You and Sokka walked to the area where Appa rested. Appa woke up and yawned a bit. You walked up to him and pet his nose before turning back to Sokka.

"So, what you got?" "If someone was captured by the Fire Nation, where would they be taken?"
"What do you mean? Who was captured?"

You and Sokka both jumped into the air with a small shriek and hugged each other. Arms crossed and irritated glaze, Zuko frowned at your embrace of another man. You quickly let go of Sokka.

"Z-Zuko!" You both nervously laughed. "W-What are you doing here?" Sokka stuttered as Zuko walked over. "What are you two up to?" He asked.

Sokka looked to you for help.
You bit your lip before sighing.
You turned to Zuko.