8 - Avatar Roku (Winter Solstice, Part 2)

Chief of the Village P

Chief of the Village P.O.V.

It was around midnight when the Chief came out of a building for some fresh air. He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

He then walked directly into Prince Zuko.

"Having trouble sleeping?" He asked, pushing the man back into the doorway.

Behind Prince Zuko, General Iroh sat patiently on the back of a war rhinoceros.
"Seen the Avatar lately?" Zuko growled.

The chief, though he was terrified, lied to protect his new friends. Unfortunately, Zuko knew he was lying and he needed answers now before they got away from him again.

"H-Hello?" A young woman from the door called. Can anyone help me? Please?" she asked.

Zuko grabbed the chief and shoved him back to the door. "Do not tell her I'm here or else." He snarled.

The chief agreed and went to the woman's aid. He stepped outside to find an old woman with black glasses for the blind at his door.
He shakily took her hand and lead her back onto the street.

"Psst!" The woman whispered. "Are we farther away from the Fire Nation soldier?"
The chief was stunned.
"H-How did you-"

"I'm not really blind, I just had to get you out of there." She smirked, lowering her glasses a bit to wink her eye at him.
He thanked her and hurriedly took her to an empty house across the street.

Once inside, she spoke.

"Sir, that man out there is looking for my friends! He won't stop until he's kidnapped them either! I have to find and protect them!" She explained, desperate to protect her "friends".  She began to sigh.

"What's the point? I don't even know where they are. I... I have to give up..." She lowered her head with grief.

"N-No! That cannot happen! Your friends have gone to Crescent island in the Fire Nation! They wish to speak to Avatar Roku before the solstice ends tomor—"

He was cut off by a (f/c) smoke thrown at him. He fell to the floor and began to lose consciousness. Before he fell asleep, he saw the woman take off her glasses and give him a sad smile.
Her bright (e/c) eyes stare back into his with pity.

"Thank you, good sir. You should rest peacefully for the rest of the night."
Darkness.

(Author's Note: ..........See what I did there?)

Reader P.O.V.

After the interrogation, Zuko set a full course to
Crescent island. It wasn't long until you were right on the Avatar's tail again.

Iroh and you tried to reason with Zuko.
"Sailing into Fire Nation waters... of all the foolish things you have done in your 16 years, Prince Zuko, this is the most foolish!"
Iroh shouted, frustration present in his voice.