17 - The Northern Air Temple

Reader's P

Reader's P.O.V.

You had slept all day and as Zuko promised, no one disturbed you. You finally caught up with your much-needed rest.

When you woke up, it was nighttime again. You decided to get some air.

You walked out on the ship's deck. You didn't leave though. You'd had enough solo adventure to last you the rest of the week.

You walked towards the edge of the ship and leaned against it.
You sighed. It was so peaceful and quiet.
"Thought you were asleep (Y/n)."

What was with all these men sneaking up and causing you a fright?!
You quickly turned to see Zuko.

"I was. But I caught up on some of it, so I'm getting some fresh air, sir."
Zuko nodded in understanding and came next to you.

The two of you stood together in a comfortable silence, staring out to the seemingly endless vast ocean.

"What happened yesterday?" Zuko asked.
"Did you really fall into a lake?"
You hesitated but told him the truth.

"Prince Zuko. I am loyal to you so I'll tell you the truth. But don't say anything to your uncle! I don't wanna make him worried about anything..."

You started.
"I got... kidnapped."
You weren't paying attention to him, but if you were, you would've noticed his fake surprise.

"What? Really? How'd you escape?"
"Uh... I umm... I got pushed into a river that had a deep waterfall at the end... B-But don't worry! BS saved me!"
"BS?"

"Crap!" You thought to yourself. "I said too much!"

"Who's that?"
"...You wouldn't believe me if I told you but... He's the Blue Spirit. He's supposed to be a secret but I trust you."
Zuko's heart skipped a beat.

"I... I-I haven't met him since yesterday though." You said.

Little did you know that Zuko was glad he could trust you with his secret, even if you didn't know it was his to begin with. And he was also grateful that you trusted him enough to tell him, and only him, the truth.

"Did he hurt you in any way?"
"No sir. He fought off the Pirates before he dove in the river to save me."
Zuko nodded.

"Well, he's an ally for now. Let's just keep this between us ok?
You nod in agreement then smile at him.

"There were no secrets between us..." Both you thought.
That... was definitely not true.

As the two of you remained in silence, you thought about the huge secret of your alliance with Aang and his friends.

And Zuko thought of him being the Blue Spirit.

How would the other feel about their secret?
And if the other ever found out, how would that affect their relationship now?

Because there was another secret that both you and Zuko were keeping from each other.
The same secret.

But it was way too risky to confess that yet.

For now, the two of you watched the ocean gleam under the crescent moon.

Author's Note: Alrighty y'all! It's happening! Book Two: Earth has almost begun! We just need these last three chapters of this first book! I'm so excited! I hope you are too! Let's get ready to ruuuUUUUUMMMMBBBLLLLLLLLLE!!!!
Ok ok! Enough talk!
Gone ahead to the next one or take a break! Go squatty on the potty or attack a snack. But while you do that, I'll be working hard on your next story! See ya then!

Ending Disclaimer: Should be pretty obvious, but I am not an original creator of A: TLA, and I don't own any of the characters. I also do not own the A: TLA plot. Just changing up the story a bit and giving it a different point of view!

 Just changing up the story a bit and giving it a different point of view!