5 - The Beach

(Author's Note : Hey y'all! I wanted to give you a few more chapters as you can see! How you liked them and I'll see ya next week!❤️❤️❤️ Also, ZUKO, PLEASE PUT THAT BACK ON! THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY FANGIRLS HERE READING THIS AND YOU'RE MINE!)

Zuko's P.O.V.

A giant Sea Lion burst through the surface of the water with a shrill cry. It pulled a Fire Nation Ship with the royal children and their friends aboard.

Ty Lee stretched out her hands with glee. "I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember Island! It's gonna be great to hang out on the beach and do nothing."

She rest her hands behind her head and closed her eyes with a satisfied smile. Zuko and Mai sat on cushions under a red canopy behind Ty Lee and Azula. Zuko growled and stood up.

"Doing nothing is a waste of time. We're being sent away on a forced vacation!" He walked over to the balustrade, leaned on it, and stared out to sea.
"I feel like a child."

Azula rolled her eyes. "Lighten up. So dad wants to meet with his advisors alone... without anyone else around. Don't take it personally." Ty Lee gestured at Azula.

"Doesn't your family have a house on Ember Island?" Azula turned toward Ty Lee. "We used to come every summer when we were kids."
"That must've been fun!"

Zuko looked out to sea with Mai looking at him from behind. "That was a long time ago..." Zuko muttered.
A memory surfaced in his head.

— Flashback —

"P-Prince Zuko! Ahh!!!" (Y/n) screamed as Zuko picked her up and ran to the water.
"Don't you do it!"
"I'm gonna do it!"

"Prince Zuko, I swear if you do— ZUKO!" He had jumped into the water with (Y/n) still in his arms, clutching onto his shoulders. Both of them resurfaced out of the water.

Zuko laughed at her as she frantically waved your arms around. But then he realized it was out of panic.

"(Y/n)? Hey (Y/n)! Whoa, wait! Calm down ok?"
He reached his hand out and grabbed your own, pulling her up. She immediately wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Zuko! I'm fully dressed and I could've drowned!"
"I-I'm sorry! I thought you knew how to swim..."
(Y/n)'s wet 11-year-old face looked at Zuko with surprise, then embarrassment.

"W-Well no... I... I've never learned how to swim. I've never even been in the water at all! The closest I've ever come to swimming in the tiny tubs in the servant's washroom for cleaning. I'm always with you, so I don't really have time to learn."She said, hiding her bashful face into his shoulder.

Zuko pondered in this. "You're right! You are always with me. Hmmm... Oh! I've got it!" He said as he walked back to the shore with (Y/n) in his arms. He put her down in the sand, clothes still soaking wet.