20 - The Siege of the North, Part 2

(Author's Note: IT IS TIME!!!)

Reader's P.O.V.

You stood behind Zhao and Iroh as the sun began to roll into the sky early into the morning. You watch as three more tanks take down large sections of the secondary wall.

The space in between the primary and secondary walls now brimming with Fire Nation soldiers, tanks, and rhinoceros. Numerous fireballs landed in the residential section beyond and parts of the city are on fire.

This is so hard to watch.
You squeezed your eyes shut.
Is this the Nation Zuko wanted so desperately to get back to???

...
This was wrong.
You knew that now.
You were on the wrong side of this war.

But you couldn't switch sides.
Not now anyway.
Not until Zuko realized that his father could care less about him and joined you.
Leave with you.

"Open your eyes Ms. (Y/n). You don't want to miss a second of this." Zhao said, looking back at you.
You weakly open your eyes but remained silent. He still thought that Zuko was dead, so you were still 'grieving'.

Iroh took the attention off of you.
"I don't need to remind you we have a time limit. If we don't defeat the Water Tribe before the full moon rises they will be undefeatable!"

Zhao smirked.
"I assure you I have everything under control. I intend to remove the moon as a factor."
You and Iroh look at each other in confusion.
"Remove the moon!? How?"

Suddenly, a guard barged through the door.
But he was wearing very old Fire Nation armor.
It was painfully obvious that he was not from your fleet.

You deadpan.
The man yanked off his helmet and shook his long hair dramatically.

"Admiral Choi!"
He tossed you his helmet and winked.
"Hold this for me sweet cheeks. Prepare to meet your fate!"

He rushed forward to Zhao, who casually threw him overboard. As you tossed the dude's helmet overboard as well, Zhao continued as nothing happened.

"As I was saying...years ago I stumbled upon a great and powerful secret...the identity of the Moon Spirit's mortal form."
"What?"

"I was a young Lieutenant serving under General Shu in the Earth Kingdom. I discovered a hidden library, underground in fact. I tore through scroll after scroll. One of them contained a detailed illustration and the words 'moon' and 'ocean.' I knew then that these spirits could be found – and killed."

You choked.
Iroh angrily responded.
"Zhao, the Spirits are not to be trifled with!"
The admiral waved him off, not caring.

"Yes, yes, I know you fear the Spirits, Iroh. I've heard rumors about your journey into the Spirit World. But the Ocean and Moon gave up their immortality to become a part of our world – and now they will face the consequences!"