20 - The Crossroads of Destiny

Reader's P

Reader's P.O.V.

A familiar sensation filled your gut when you woke up the next morning. But it was the opposite of the good feelings you felt yesterday evening.

This was the same feeling you felt before Zhao had tried to blow up Zuko.

Or when Azula tried to bring you back to the Fire Nation.

Or just a few days ago, when you noticed that Zuko had left as the Blue Spirit.

But this... this feeling was stronger.
Stronger than any of those other times.
Something was trying to warn you that day would NOT end well...

"(Y/n)? Are you alright? You do not look so well." Iroh questioned as he fixed breakfast before you'd get ready to leave. The King requested that you be there first thing in the morning.
...

"I'm fine..."

A little suspicious, you'd say. You'd only been serving under royalty all your entire life!

Why would the King want to have tea with 'lowly peasants' like you first thing in the morning? And just randomly like that too? Something did not feel right...

"You sure? You look pale like you saw a ghost of something since you woke up." Zuko chimed in with a worried expression on his face. You glanced at both the men, who had focused their attention on you.
You gave them a reassuring smile.

"Yeah... I guess I'm a little nervous. That's all. I'll be meeting royalty today." You gave them a smug grin.

The two men nodded before turning back to their breakfast and—
"Hey, wait a minute! We're royalty!"Zuko pouted.

You laughed at his realization and his uncle joined in. Soon, the apartment was filled with laughter.
Your funny feeling, however, still hadn't left...
You ignored it.

A knock at the door halted your current conversation as Zuko went to open the door.

A man in very elegant green clothes strolled in.
Your funny feeling only grew in your heart...
You ignored it once again.

"Good morning. I have been sent to take you in your carriage to the palace. It has arrived and is waiting for you outside." You jumped up.
"Ok! Lemme go put on the nice dress that I bought first!"

You hurried back to your room and grabbed your pretty dress. You slipped it on over your head just as you heard yet another knock, this time, at your door.
"Come in!" You called.

Zuko came in and walked over to you.
"Hey (Y/n)... before we go, I have something I wanted to give you." You looked over at him in confusion.

"A gift? Awww Zuko, you shouldn't have!" You smiled. Zuko scratched the back of his neck.
"It's really nothing (Y/n). I-It's just some regular jewelry I found a while ago..."