6 - The Blind Bandit

(Author's Note: Another quick one for ya

(Author's Note: Another quick one for ya. Here we gooooo!!!)

Reader's P.O.V.

You and Iroh had been walking for some time now.

It was about two days.
Two days of tracking and following Zuko.
Two days of just you and Iroh...
Two days of literal silence...

"I thought he wanted to talk about my stance as a Fire Nation traitor!!! Or at least give me time to find a way to crack this baby open and 'Find out about my past'..."

You nervously chewed on your lip as you glanced at the man next to you. His stoic face did not help your nerves either!

You stopped and clenched your fists.
"Sir... we still need to... talk..."
Iroh stopped in front of you as well.

You were nervous at what he had to say to you.
You saw his head tilt up toward the sky.

"(Y/n), it is best that we make camp for the night. My nephew hopefully should also be getting some rest tonight as well." He turned off the road and into the woods.

"...That... was much easier than I thought..." you said aloud before quickly following the Dragon of the West.

It was only about an hour after the moon rose and beamed its beautiful light onto the world.

Across the campfire, Iroh stroked his beard and closed his eyes in deep thought. You impatiently but quietly waited for Iroh to explain why he hadn't turned you in when he had the chance to.

"...(Y/n)."
"Umm... y-yes sir?"
"Would you like to explain why you let the Avatar go?"

Ok... not a great way to start off this conversation, but you decided to be truthful with the man and yourself.

"Uh... ok... Well, I... I just... it's wrong... to destroy the world's hope of ending this bloodshed war once and for all. And... And the fact that Ozai sentenced his own son to exile like that to fulfill a mission that his own grandfather couldn't even do... It's just unfair!"

You stood up and continued to rant.
You had started to get worked up and began confidently speaking your mind, totally forgetting your fear of General Iroh being the Fire Lord's brother.
Iroh, however, stayed silent.

"I met Aang and his friends, they're so sweet and brave for what they're doing. They're doing the right thing! And Zuko's job is to destroy that!? I've always been loyal to Zuko— and only Zuko! And I'll probably always be loyal to him because I know that he is capable of good. That day, when he spoke against men dying for a potentially lost cause, there was almost too much honor pouring out of him than ever before! But he was also a child! A child who didn't stand up to his father for his fear of 'disrespecting' him! Now, Zuko feels as though he's got to do this mission on his own! But this is wrong! I-I can't support him like this!" You shout, eyes watering with tears.