12 - The Western Air Temple

(Author's Note: Welcome back good people

(Author's Note: Welcome back good people. Welcome back. I've got another one for ya today! Hope you enjoy it! Again, hope you guys have a satisfying Fall Break! Get some sleep! Eat some good food! Play some games! I'll be posting the next one next week as always! Peace and love! We out!)

Reader's P.O.V.

You walked tiredly beside Toph underneath the beaming sun. Appa, still in his armor, trudged along slowly with the rest of the group on the rocky and barren land. Haru and Sokka walked behind you and Toph with their eyes closed.

Aang lead the group just as tired with Momo resting on his head with a similar expression. The Duke followed closely to your left, his hand in your own.

Both of him and Teo had their heads hanging down dejectedly. Katara walked beside her brother with the same expression as the rest of the group.
"This is humiliating." She said.

"Do you mean getting thoroughly spanked by the Fire Nation, or having to walk all the way to the Western Air Temple?" Sokka asked.
You scoffed. "Both."

"Sorry guys," Aang said. "But Appa gets tired carrying all these people." He stretched his hand out and affectionately scratched the area under Appa's eye.

"I wonder how the rest of the troops are," Teo asked.
Haru sighed. "They're probably on their way to a prison. Seems like my dad just got out, now he's going back in." The Duke looked up at you. "I miss Pipsqueak."

You sadly smiled at him and opened your mouth to comfort him, but Sokka's groan interrupted you. "I miss not having blisters on my feet." Toph's foot stomped onto the ground and she sighed in relief.

"Hey, we're here. I can feel it." You and the rest of the group stopped near the edge of a cliff. There was only a vast empty space filled with white mist in between the cliff they're standing on and the next.

"Uh, I think your feet need their eyes checked," Katara said. You stepped forward and frowned before your eyes widened. "No... she doesn't!"
Aang smiled widely. "She's right, we are here!"

Sokka looked around and brought up both his arms sarcastically. "Wow, it's amazing. So the three of them have lost their brains."

"Shut it Blue and get on the bison."

Zuko's P.O.V.

Zuko dropped a rope down and slid down.
He stared at a large statue of a female Airbender.
He continued down to make his descent.

He then stopped and swung himself on the rope, gaining momentum with each arc. He jumped off at the 4th swing. Zuko landed on the ground, balancing himself with a hand on the floor.

He straightened up and looked around.
This area seemed familiar.

— Flashback —

"What a stunning view," Iroh said as he and (Y/n) stood by the edge of the cliffside. "It really is. Oh! General Iroh! Look at this!" (Y/n) said as she picked up a piece of the ruins.