11 - The Great Divide

(Author's Note: I don't wanna leave any of the original chapters out, but I also don't wanna create a whole other long made-up story that has to fit with the plot

(Author's Note: I don't wanna leave any of the original chapters out, but I also don't wanna create a whole other long made-up story that has to fit with the plot. That stuff takes a while to think up man! But, as I start writing I might get an idea ya know? Enough talk! I'll see you at the bottom!)

Reader's P.O.V.

You didn't get sick often. But when you did, you could always bounce back from it. So it was no surprise to anyone on the ship to see you up and on your feet a few days later.

Zuko wouldn't admit it, but he had lost track of where Aang had gone again.

Aang.

You kind of stopped called him "The Avatar" in your head.

You'd never actually had a one-on-one conversation with him before, but you'd seen his playful demeanor before.

He was just a kid with a big responsibility.

Iroh P.O.V.

After being sick for those few days, Iroh asked (Y/n) if she'd like to go fishing with him.

"Why yes! That sounds like a good idea!" She said. She excused herself to go to her room and change. He watched her leave then went to his nephew's quarters.

He opened the door to find Prince Zuko's face buried in notes and maps.
The wise old retired general rolled his eyes and made his presence known.

"Prince Zuko, (Y/n) and I are going on a nice relaxing fishing trip. You should take a break and join us." He suggested, even though he knew his nephew's next response.

"I can't! Every second we waste is another second The Avatar gets farther away. And Zhao is still out there, looking for him too! I will not let him take my destiny from me." Zuko growled, turning to look at his Uncle.

At that moment, (Y/n) came down the hall and saw Iroh outside of Zuko's door.

"Oh! Is Prince Zuko coming with us?"
She asked, peeking her head into the room.
"That's good news! You could use a break sir!"(Y/n) grinned before walking off.

Zuko sat there, dumbfounded and Iroh used it as leverage.

"That's alright Prince Zuko. I would hate to have to tell Ms. (Y/n) of your decision to stay and work yourself to death. She will be so heartbroken..." Iroh fake sighed and closed the boy's door.

Then he quickly left to catch up to the young girl on deck.

She wore a baggy red shirt that could get wet and dirty and dark maroon knee-high shorts to go with it. She topped it all off with a huge sun hat.
(Y/n) turned to Iroh and beamed.

"This is gonna be a nice, quiet fishing trip for the three of us!"
But then her face morphed into confusion.
Where Zuko?

Iroh only smirked at the girl and patiently waited.
3...2...1