8 - The Chase

(Author's Note: Might be a little short, seeing as the time frame is the next day, but it's all good

(Author's Note: Might be a little short, seeing as the time frame is the next day, but it's all good. Also, ⬆️⬆️⬆️ scene is absolutely ✨Hilarious✨ Enjoy!)

Reader's P.O.V.

The next day, Iroh promised to help you unlock your bending. He told you to remember how it feels to not use air bending.

"If you ever feel as though you may lose control when you do have this power, you can think of this feeling to guide you back."

You woke up before Iroh and meditated on this feeling. At some point, if you ever felt like you were gonna lose control of your bending, then you really did need to focus on how to come back.

You focused on the way your fingers were still and calm. How you wrinkled your nose under the morning sun. How steady your breathing was.

"Good (Y/n)..."
You opened your eyes.
You didn't even hear him get up, but there Iroh stood, ready to help.

He pulled you onto your feet and you two began to walk. Through the tree line, you watched as the wind blew through them.

The branches swaying with each soft blow.
The two of you had traveled deep into the woods before finding a huge boulder to rest up on.
Iroh sat and leaned his back onto the giant rock and stroked his gray beard.

"Alright (Y/n). Do you remember what I said to try and open your box of treasure?"
You nodded.

"You must apply it here as well. Use your intelligent mind to free yourself from distractions."
"...Ok... I can... I can do that..." You said nervously.

You assumed a fighting position.
Iroh got up and moved toward you.

"This is a very good fighting stance (Y/n). But we will have to change your stance a bit. You can move your arm here... twist your foot there... good."

Iroh stepped back from you and goes back to his seated position as you held the new pose, You realized what this was.

"Iroh! Is this..."
"Yes, Ms. (Y/n). This is an airbender fighting stance. Now, try and leap into the air as high as you can. Gather the air around you to boost yourself."
You eagerly nodded and stuck your tongue out in consideration.

You could do this.
You would do this!
You jumped as high as you could into the air...
2 feet off the ground...

You landed with a huff.
Iroh opened his mouth to speak, but you waved your hands to stop him.

"No no! I got it!"
You licked your lips as you tried again.
You closed your eyes and flapped your arms flapping your arms like a bird this time as you leaped into the air...

2.5 feet...
You started to get frustrated and hopped around in circles.
You heard Iroh's chuckles.

Turning and pouting, you couldn't stop the red hot blush that consumed your cheeks.
"Freedom (Y/n). What makes you free?" He called over.