13 - The Fire Bending Masters

Reader's P

Reader's P.O.V.

"AANG! AANG! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!" You screamed as Aang glided through the air with you on top of the glider. Aang's laughter echoed through the Air Temple.

Zuko came running out to the courtyard at the sounds of your protests.
"What's happening?!"

Sokka sat near the ledge shrugged it off. "I think Aang's teaching (Y/n) how to use a glider before he starts his fire bending lessons." Zuko frowned before his eyes caught your shaking form in the air.

Toph walked over, along with Teo, Haru, and The Duke, all smirking, and sat beside Sokka. She cupped her hands around her mouth.

"(Y/n), I'm blind and even I know you've got your mouth wide open! Close it before you catch—"
"ACK! PLECH PLECH BUG AHHHHHHHHHH!"
Toph and Sokka burst into hysterical laughter.

"C'mon (Y/n)! I'm here to teach you! You've got to loosen up!" You clutched tighter onto the glider.
"I swear you're crazy Aang!"
"Oh, you think that's crazy?"
"My gosh, that was NOT an invitation!"
"I'll show you crazy!"

Aang turned to the pagodas and weaved through the upside-down buildings. Then, he U-turned, headed for the space above the mist.
"Hope you're holding on tight!"

Before you could even utter a word out, Aang had let go of the glider and landed next to Zuko, who looked to Aang in shock.
"aaaaAAAAAAAAANNNNNG!!!" You screamed as the glider switched over to the heavier side, your side.

You held on for dear life. Aang shouted from the ground. "Kick your legs up to the back of the glider (Y/n)!" You tried your best to kick your legs back up, but fear had gripped your entire body.

You ended up shooting a blast of air from your feet instead. You screamed louder as you were lifted, then dropped down. You disappeared into the mist, but your screams were still heard.

Zuko's heart stopped and he ran to the edge.
"(Y/n)?!?!" Katara came rushing over, panicking. "Uhhh Aang? I think her air bending lessons are done for today!"

Aang nodded in agreement and jumped off the cliff.
He disappeared down into the fog as well. Zuko's heart clenched tightly in his chest as he heard your screaming decrease.

"What's happening? Are they ok?" Toph asked.
No one answered as they waited with anticipation.
Suddenly, the two of you shot up from the low clouds. Aang was back under the glider while you held onto his neck.

You both landed near the fountain and fell flat on your faces as your friends ran over. Aang popped up and leaned over you nervously. "Ahe. Ahe he. (Y/n)? A-Are you ok?"

You immediately jumped him, grabbed his shirt, and began to shake him. "I swear, one of these days I'm gonna dropkick you off a cliff and see how you like it." He laughed.