16 - The Deserter

(Author's Note: Ok y'all

(Author's Note: Ok y'all... I think I've cooked up a lil somethim' somethim' for you in my brain that Imma try in this chapter. Hopefully, this will be a good long one to quench your thirst for readin this. Here I go now!)

Reader's P.O.V.

It was nighttime on the ship, but you couldn't sleep. You wanted to and you tried!

But nothing could get your mind to rest at the moment. You even thought about knocking yourself out with a (f/c) bombshell.

...

Nah, you didn't wanna deal with the headache and hunger afterward.
You got up and put on a warm robe.

You stepped out of your room and turned to close it.
"Hello (Y/n)."
You almost leaped 6 feet in the air.

"General sir! You scared the crap out of me! What are you doing up so late at night?!" You whispered.
"I could ask you the same question (Y/n)."
"Well, I asked first."

Iroh chuckled.
"I just brought a cup of tea to my room. Now, you can answer my question."

You sighed in defeat and looked down at your feet.
"I couldn't sleep, so I was going to go to the shore alone for a bit. I need another walk to clear my head."

General Iroh stroked his beard in interest.
"Are you sure Ms. (Y/n)? I would hate if something were to happen to you while you were out."
You nodded.

"Yes sir. It will only be for a moment. I promise to be back before sunrise."
General Iroh nodded.

"Ok. But if you happen to not come before the sun, I will personally come to find you."

You nodded, thankful that you'd at least told someone about where you were going.

You bow to Iroh and continue to the small harbor the ship was next to, unknowing of Zuko's ears listening in on you.

Maybe... Maybe he should make sure you kept that promise.

Once again, you found yourself alone at the bank of the shore. The moon was not as bright this time, so everything was a lot darker.

However, that also meant you could get a better view of the fireflies flying around in the woods.
You found a good stick on the ground and lit it on fire.

(Author's Note: No, not with fire bending. Come on now. Do YOU use fire bending to light a fire? I ain't think so)

Then you walked into the woods.
You walked over tree roots and ducked under fallen branches.
You sighed.

Yea, this was much better.
Snap.
You groaned in annoyance.

"C'mon! Seriously?! Again?!" You thought as you immediately stopped.
You turned behind you.