29) Shadows, Imagination, Time

*Devin's pov*

Ritchie had me held back after he spoke to the whole guild and I walked up to him Brandon and Michael.

"So Devin since you and Michael have the closest relationship and knowing Eden I think it's best if you act as a sort of body guard for Micheal." Ritchie said

"Ok for what exactly." I asked

"I'm going to try to spirit reap this future Ritchie so that he's no longer a threat to Atlantide." Michael said simply.

"Now with Eden holding a grudge on Michael if you where there Michael has the possibility to put you two back together but with you in control." Brandon said

"That makes a lot of sense. Plus if I'm there with Michael, Eden is definitely more likely to come out. I know he's wants to get rid of me." I trailing off while looking down but looked up again.

"Exactly. Now we want to keep this as much on the down low as we can. So it's just between us alright?" Michael said

"Got It!" I cheerfully said and Ritchie nodded.

Me and Michael took off and Ritchie and Brandon went to the meeting they where going to have. When we got to the city it started becoming a disaster. Demons had started showing up so Michael took us through the shadow realm which I don't like but I don't hate.

We met up with Lucas, Blake, David, and Plant and had a conversation with them. Of course it didn't take long for me and Michael to get to a large open area near the ocean. I stopped and looked around with Michael.

"This should be a good spot." Michael said before I saw something or should I say someone but it wasn't clear so I shrugged it off for now.

"Ya it is a good spot." I said we looked around a bit and Michael started gathering magic to do the spirit reap. However, about mid way through though it was like we had suspected. Eden showed up. He laughed at us as he walked twords us.

"So we going to play round 2?" Michael asked

"I mean I'm pretty sure I'll be winning this round, but I won't kill you after all I need you both alive. Michael I will make sure that you put me and Devin back together but I'll be in control." Eden said as he stopped and looked at us.

"Ya that's not happening. If I'm putting you two together Devin's going to be in control." Michael said

"I'm not going to let you beat us that easily Eden" I said standing my ground.

"Fine" Eden said as a sword came into his hand and I got a sword myself. While his was a black mine was a light red with a bit of blue.

"Shall we?" Michael asked

"Ya let's go!" I said

*Cal's pov*

I opened my eyes again to see it was dark outside. Khonsu had pulled me into the corridor of time to tell me a few things like tips before sending me back out because it was getting close to time. I got up and stretched as I began to walk. I know the setting was near a dock like area so I began to walk closer to the ocean.

As I walked I felt something prick my arm and I scratched at it to feel something lumpy under my bandages I moved them and a small glowing little crystal fell out. I picked it up and looked it. It was really pretty so I decided to pocket it.

I took a deep breath and ran. I ran around and I soon found the people I was looking for. Devin and Michael. They had another person trapped and I recognized the moment. Michael was getting ready to strike and as soon as he made that first move I snapped my fingers and stopped time.

I was breathing heavily because if I had missed the right moment even if I did try to prevent it it would have been sort of too late. I saw Devin holding his side slightly, Michael with his arm outstretched to attack and a materializing person.

I took a deep breath and walked over the person just forming and looked at it and with Khonsu's help because I can't fully do it I unfroze time at a slow motion to get a look at who the person was.

I looked at the female before I quickly shoving them out of the way more specifically to a spot where Michael wouldn't see her. It he must have some form of connection to her, so having her moved out of the way and taking the attack means that not only will he not freak out but I'll be able to stop his attack. After all he needs this other person alive right?

I turned as I positioned myself as Khonsu keeps telling me this is a terrible idea but I ignore it and I steady my feet, I grabbed Michael's wrist and held it tightly to lessen the blow and with that I let time flow normally

A huge force smashed into me as I felt my feet bend back. I lost balance and fell to the ground landing on my back I was still holding Michael's wrist as I felt massive amount of pain in my stomach area. As I fell back I kinda pulled Michael down with me so he was kneeling between my legs as Michael looked at me.

I coughed a bit letting go of Michael's hand and I watched him get up and step back his face clearly horrified as I put my hand over my wound. I could feel it, the blood, as I used my arm to get myself into a sitting position.

"What!? No! That wasn't supposed to happen! Who the hell are you and what did you do!" The person in the ground yelled at me.

"He....well the names Cal I'm a demigod and I saw this happening so I prevented it." I smirked before wincing in pain just a bit

"Cal!" I heard Devin yell as he got up and ran over to me.

"Oh hey Devin how's it going man?" I said chuckling but I regret that as I hunched over groaning in pain.

"Why? Why did you take that!?" Michael yelled still shocked and horrified

"Because something worst could have happened. I'll explain later but you need to deal with this person" I said nodding my head to a very angry trapped person. Pain flared up through out my body as I got up and walked over to the person.

"Hey. My god Khonsu wanted me to make sure you felt this." I said and once again time stopped.

I closed my eyes because Khonsu made me close them and when time continued I heard a loud crash and I opened my eyes to see that the person was no longer in the ground but was laying on the ground with several scratches.

"Eden!" Devin yelled and my legs gave out and I fell to the ground. I felt hands catch me but I couldn't do much. So I blacked out.

I hope I did the right thing

*Devin's pov*

I ran over to Eden who was coughing and was trying to get up but he just collapsed again. He was bleeding a lot from the many scratches on him. It came so suddenly.

"Come on Eden you have to fuse back up with me!" I almost yelled

"Why would I do that." Eden growled at me before I heard a small thud I looked behind me to see Michael trying to support Cal I quickly think of bandages and I make some appear

"Uses those Michael!" I yelled before looking back at Eden

"Come on Eden just fuse back up with me. If you stay out you'll die those injuries are serious." I said helping Eden up into a sitting position.

"....fine" he said reluctantly and I smiled as a bright light came from him and he fused back into me.

"Devin!" I heard Micheal yell as he dropped the bandages and ran over

"Davin?" Michael asked coming  to a stop and I looked at him

"I'm here Michael." I said and he smiled and hugged me.

After that we both helped out with patching up Cal. Michael looked down at his hand which still had blood on it so I got a water bottle and had him wash it off.

"I hope he'll be ok. But that last attack I do think that was him. He couldn't have made that many injuries on Eden." Michael said

"I know. We can ask him all about it when we get out of this ok. Alright?" I reassured while patting his back

"Ya your right"