41) Rough Family Bonds

(song I was listening to while writing this.)

*3rd person*

Everything I knew. Everyone I trusted. They where all lies?

What is a proper family?

I will get my sister back. Damn you Abraham.

Indoles, Lara, and Biblico. All three of them stood in three different places. Devil's Tongue, Divinus Magia, La Carnival.

Biblico only wanted his sister to join him. Join him in the things he did he wanted his family back, and now Lara doesn't want to be with him and Indoles is with family again. Indoles, he couldn't process things. Flurry's his mom? Ritchie's his dad? He's supposed to be 7? He was forcefully taken from Flurry then he was two? Indoles, no Oakley he couldn't take it, but he knew deep down he was happy. Sure we was lied too, but he has his mom with him. Right?

Lara knew deep down it was the truth, and that her brother had done horrible things that she wish he didn't do. Her brother wasn't who he should be, he wasn't being himself and it's because of this lord. Lara hated it but at the same time she just wanted her brother back. Biblico sighed as he got up and went off. He wanted to see this Aphrodite child at least once, up super close. He knew after everything that went down there wasn't going to be a good chance of him just being able to take the child back with him. He couldn't follow the lord's orders, not these ones at least.

Oakley sat there looking at the la Carnival guild watching as his mother had a small performance for a small group of kids that couldn't stay with their parents because of how broken some buildings ended up. He watched with a smile before getting up and grabbed something and started to join his mom. Maybe he could try something new let his inner child out for once, be himself.

Lara smiled as she held her best friend, no, sister, Kit in her arms. It had been a rough night and Lara felt at home for once in a long time. She looked down at Kits sleeping body before she felt a few years leave her eyes. Kit had cried a lot but now it was her turn. Slowly letting the tears fall she only yearned for her family back. Her big brother he sort of adopted little bother Oakley. That's all she wanted.

Family is all they wanted.

To be together again. To love each other again. That's all they wanted, all they wanted ever wanted.

All they wanted.

*Lara's pov*

I cried, I couldn't fully understand why. I understand that I'm sad but I didn't think I was sad enough to start crying. Kit woke up and hugged me and told me to let it out and I hugged back tightly letting the tears fall down my face.

"Is there a chance that I....I could get my brother back?" I asked

"...I wouldn't be able to know. I've never really had a close family except Divinus Magia." Kit said

I looked down thinking back to the times my brother would smile at me, his hair down loosely blowing in the winds as we ran together. He was so happy back then, it's sad to see him the way he is now. I just want to go back. Back to the time I had that kind loving bro. The time I didn't have to worry because he was with me and the time we had before he changed and Oakley became apart of the family.

I should also see how miss Flurry is doing I know how upset she was about my brother taking Oakley from her arms when he was nothing but a baby. I also want to see how Oakley is doing, I know Ritchie mentioned that Oakley was hanging out with Flurry and I know where La Carnival is so I can visit him. I stopped crying and I held Kit close to me before letting go. I looked down at Kit and smiled, I honestly don't know what I would do if I didn't have a friend like her in my life.

"Let's get some breakfast." I said and Kit smiled and got up very quickly and climbed downstairs. I chuckled and followed her down before hearing a knock on the door and when I opened it I saw Tiffy and Saleen.

"Hey Kit, hey Lara can we join you? Blake's out right now and me and Tiffy thought it would be a good idea for some girls time." Saleen asked

"Oh course come in!" Kit yelled and at first I was a bit confused but I'll leave it be. I enjoyed the company with Kit.

*Oakley's pov*

I sat there next to Flurry as Flurry went through paperwork.

"Flurry?" I asked

"Yes Oakley?"

"...it's true?"

"What's true?"

"It's true that Biblico took me by force?"

I watched as Flurry or...mom stop and looked down. I her hands slightly shook before pulling me into a hug.

"I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to protect you back then. I'm sorry that it took me this long to find you." Mom cried

I slowly reached up and hugged her tucking my face into her chest listening to her heartbeat. It was, calming to say the least. It was like I heard it before, like I had known this beat and I was familiar with it. I closed my eyes and I felt safe under Mama Flurry's arms.

Is this what I would have gotten? If Flurry raised me is this what I would have felt almost everyday? I like this, I like it a lot. 

It's so warm.