Chapter 8 "MARKED"

Whispers, I could hear them all around me but I couldn't quite make out what everyone was whispering about although I had a strong feeling it was about me. I opened my eyes slowly,there was a lot of light I had to squint a little as my eye sight adjusted to the brightness.

There were two beautiful women arguing about something,I listened carefully to their conversation. Making sure they didn't realize I was awake.

"How is this even possible he is already mated to Vera!" the one with dirty brown hair exclaimed,clearly she was in disbelief about something.

The brunette sighed "Sarah obviously something is not right here,these humans are conniving I'm sure they have done something"

"You mean sorcery? No I don't believe it." Sarah said shaking her head.

"Really so how do explain this? How do you explain what is happening right now right after these humans show up!"

Sarah folded her arms "Reah calm down I am sure there's a much more sensible explanation than humans dealing with magic. You do know magic is rare in fact there has never been a case of sorcery for centuries now"

Reah suddenly snapped her head towards me and I quickly shut my eyes hoping she didn't see I was awake. "Look at her,she is so weak can you imagine that thing ruling over us? I would rather die!"

I almost scrunched up my eyebrows, what the hell were they talking about and why did it include me possibly ruling them. Something was not right and I wasn't going to find out what it was. I had to find my friends and leave this place fast.

"Don't worry there must be a mistake somewhere I am sure of it. Vera is our Queen,come we need to prepare food for the slaves." Sarah said grabbing Reah's hand and they left the tent.

I waited for a second before sitting up straight,my head was pounding but I tried ignoring that. I got off the make shift bed and looked around. Everything here was so weird ,the tent was brown ,the bed was covered in animal skin ,the cup on the wooden table was made up of animal skin. I had never seen anything like this.

My mom used to tell me stories of the olden ages, I felt like I was in one of her stories. There was no sign of technology here,everything was so different from where I grew up. I felt like an alien already and I did not like that.

I walked slowly towards the opening of the tent,I peeked through just to make sure there was no one. I had no plans of getting caught by these creatures.Unfortunately there were a lot of them outside the tent ,some were guarding the tent from the outside obviously they expected me to make an attempt of escaping .

I got back inside and looked around. I had to figure out a way of escaping now before any one of them returned. This was going to be tough because I could already see that there could be one way of escaping . I paced around the room looking making sure to look everywhere.

I sighed as I sat down on the floor,almost hopeless until I saw light seeping in through a gap on the floor . 'Ofcourse!' I whispered to myself. I quickly held the tent up,peeked through the gap and thankfully there was absolutely no one out there.

I didn't waste any time, immediately I crawled out of the tent forcing my body to pass through although it was a bit tough.As soon as I got out I hid behind the first thing I saw ,a small bush.

I really thought I had this,that I was finally free to save my friends. My plan was to look for them then escape with them. I should have planned this more carefully maybe then I would have avoided being caught behind a stupid bush.

I felt a rough hand grabbing my shoulder and pulling me up. My eyes opened up wide and I looked at the man in fear. He was huge and looked like he meant serious business. He didn't even say anything before he started dragging me to God knows where.

We arrived at another bigger tent and he entered dragging me along with him. There were a few people in the room , I widened my eyes again as I noticed my friends sitting on the ground with their hands tied up.They were facing the man in the black hooded jacket ,he looked like a King sitting on a large chair.

What I found unfamiliar were the four huge eggs placed on a large red cushion next to him and two guards protecting them. I was brought in front of the man. I tried not to stare at him by looking anywhere else .

"You tried to escape,typical of your kind..."he said patiently,each word was said carefully.

"Let us go please,we have done nothing wrong!" I said trying to wriggle my arms out of the guards hard grip

The man didn't even blink ,he had a straight face I couldn't tell if he was angry,annoyed or anything. His emotions were hidden from anyone. "I can not let you go,you belong to me."he said in a dry tone that had me questioning these peoples sanity.

"I do not belong to anyone," I said scrunching up my eyebrows. He was mad if he thought I belonged to him.

"Draika vhere(bring her here)" he said talking to the man holding me ,it was a language I have never heard before but suddenly the guard dragged me towards the king or whatever he was.

I stood in front of him and he slowly got up. He was so tall and big as if he worked out a lot . "You belong ...to me now little Raven" he said holding my neck . I was so confused I didn't see it coming...in a second there was the sharpest pain on my neck as he bit into it. I screamed so loud my own eardrums felt like bursting...I felt like death was knocking on my doorstep.