Chapter 15 "SANSA"

I stared at the dishes in front of me. It's crazy how much food these creatures can eat. How would I even fit in with these beasts, I breathed in deeply as I played with my fingers trying to avoid the monster behind me who was somehow fascinated by my long thick hair.

My mind was telling me to shout at them all and tell them how much I hated them for capturing us, for making us their prisoners. He motioned for me to stand up by tapping his plate .

I stood up and carried his empty plate, I held my breath as I raced out of that tent. I felt violated and so helpless. There had to be something I could do to get us out of here as soon as possible before he could harm me literally.

Sasha ran after me, I could see her shadow right behind me "You did great! He is definitely attracted to you, well considering you are his mate. That's a good thing" she breathed out walking beside me.

She didn't get it, I didn't want his love or care. I just wanted to be free so I could help my friends ensure that the next pod arrived safely with our parents.

*** ***
Clarke

I hid the little girl in my room as I thought about my plan for the hundredth time. I headed out and made my way to Jack's office. I had to know what was next. If someone was to stay behind it wasn't going to be me.

I knocked on his door.

"come in" I heard his voice behind the door.

I entered with a straight face "Jack,"

"Clarke... is anything bothering you?" he asked. I wanted to scoff, of course a lot was bothering me. It was crazy that he would even ask me such a question.

I decided to sigh instead as I took a seat. "A lot is happening Jack. Are you going to leave me". It was better to get straight to the point because I hated surprises and I needed to know what my next move is.

He looked at me with a frown "My brother would never forgive me if I did. You and Aria are my responsibility now, so no Clarke I would never leave you. Besides Cohan agreed to stay, he knows a lot about this technology. He is confident he can figure something out"

"I don't like this Jack. We need him up there." I protested and it was true. Cohan was an intelligent man and his talents would be very useful once we made it to Gordo.

"Clarke trust me, we need to leave this place. His sacrifice is needed so you have to choose saving him or being with your daughter. Nobody else can do this except for Cohan." he said sternly.

I swallowed hard, he was right. Losing him would be a big loss but nobody else could be trusted with this task. I hated having to choose, it made me feel selfish but my daughter came first always. "When do we leave?"

"Midnight, he has to set up the pod so it works manually just in case of emergencies but for it to blast off he has to do it through the control room. That is were our main problem is" he explained

I nodded my head "can't he follow after. He could swim and we could control the pod manually to wait for him,"

"Clarke once we blast off we cannot stop or go slow. We will be at full speed burning everything in our way, do you get were I'm coming from?" Jack asked folding his hands. It made me feel like a child in class.

I licked my lips they suddenly felt dry. "It's okay I understand, it's just a shame that we have to leave him. His like family to us now"

"I know, maybe I look tough right now but it's all just a facade I put so that people don't lose faith. Someone has to make the hard choices and live with them" he narrowed his eyes at a picture of his brother and Cohan on his desk. "I have lost a lot Clarke and all I need is for you to be by my side without questioning my decisions"

"Yes, I have always stuck right by you Jack and I won't stop now." I said smiling at him which lightened the whole mood. He returned the smile.

"get ready, we leave soon. Take only what is necessary"

I nodded my head before walking out. I was going to take what was necessary and that included the child I was hiding in my room. The only question was how this was going to all work. I had to think fast, there was no ways she was staying behind to die.

I entered my room and smiled as I watched the child playing with Arias favorite teddy bear. This only reminded me of Aria, children grow so fast sometimes it only makes you miss them so much even when they are there. I locked my door and walked towards the child.

"hi, hi there. Do you like it?" I said softly smiling at her pointing at the bear

She smiled and nodded eagerly. I laughed softly. Even Aria fell in love with that teddy at first sight. "what is your name? My name is Clarke" I introduced myself with a huge smile. She stopped playing with her teddy as she seemed to be in deep thought.

I was beginning to think she had a problem with talking hopefully it was not too serious. If it was because of trauma I could take care of that, I was a doctor after all. She looked up at me with a smile "Sansa" she said in a very low voice.

"You have a lovely name Sansa" I said genuinely. She did have a beautiful name.

I left Sansa to play with the teddy bear while I packed what I needed. There was a medium sized trunk under my bed. I kept some of my medicine and equipment in there. It was just the right size to fit Sansa in there. All I had to do was cover her up with a sheet. I grabbed a tiny screw and a hammer. It would take me about less than twenty minutes to put little holes in there so that Sansa wouldn't suffocate.