Chapter 35 "FIRE BURN"

"Your hair..." Sasha said braiding it.It had become our daily routine that she would come every morning and braid my hair. I knew what she was talking about. It concerned me as well that my hair had so many white strands. At first I thought it was the stress but now that most of it was turning white I didn't know what to make of It.

"do you think I'm sick? Maybe I'm coming down with something" I said worried even my tone was low.

Sasha sighed "do you feel sick, you do not look sick Azrari"

"please don't call me that Sasha. You are my friend. I dont feel sick but my hair..." I smiled at her, it felt weird being called a name I hardly understood. I didn't like that,

She nodded her head "I will call you Aria when we are alone, Azrari for respect when we are outside and your hair looks just fine. It will probably go back to normal before you know it" she said finishing of her last braid

"I hope so, where are we going again? I have forgotten" I gave her a sheepish smile. She had already told me three times but the name was so hard to keep in mind.

She shook her head "Heddahlia, a territory deep in the eastern lands. The people there are yet to submit to the King. So we will make them."

"So this is your life, forcing people to submit and invading their lands. Isn't that wrong," I said. To be honest I didn't mean to offend her or anyone but politics was just brutal. It felt wrong and terrible to be a part of.

Sasha didn't look too happy about my little statement, her smile dropped "when something belongs to you and somebody else takes it you don't just sit. You don't just watch, you take it back. This is beyond politics, one day you will understand when he decides to tell you. Come, we need to go"

I held her hand "I didn't mean to offend you"

"it is well, I am not upset with you" she said smiling lightly.

I returned the smile before standing up. I looked at my dark grey dress for a second before following Sasha out. I had gotten used to the dressing here. It was weird that only I was made to dress in the long plain dresses while the rest of the people here wore short skirts made from animal skin and little leather tops.

They were basically half naked. Not that I was complaining, I would probably catch a cold every month if they ever made me wear that. I was just curious as to why I was the only one they made look decent.

Today we were riding horses. When I saw the horses outside I smiled. I had never seen one in real life and I didn't know how to ride one. Alaric was already on his horse. He was watching me, it made my stomach feel hot every time. I didn't understand my feelings towards the man so I tried to avoid his eyes and pretend that he wasn't watching my every move.

I touched the white horse lightly as If it would die if I was too rough. "you have never seen a Myra?" Sasha asked

"A Myra, that's what you call a horse. I have never seen one in real life" I smiled as I touched its back, it was so smooth and beautiful.

Sasha scrunched up her eyebrows as if it was strange but I let her because maybe it was strange and It was nobody's fault that I grew up in a world they didn't believe existed. I also grew up believing that their world was just a dream, that all of this didn't exist.

"okay Azrari the King will ride with you." she said taking the horse by its reigns. I glanced at Alaric, his horse was bigger and dark just like his wolf. I liked the white horse anyways, it was more less scary.

I shook my head "I like Snow, let me ride this one please. Did he say he wanted me there with him?" I asked in a soft voice.

Sasha withheld a laugh "You know... he can hear you. You have named the horse already, he is glad you like it. It's actually your gift. Your skin is as white as snow and soft. This horse suits you well, he says the beautiful horse deserves a beautiful Queen."