chapter12 "THE CHALLENGE"

ARIA

I tried to move after he placed me on the bed but everything looked so blurry and my body felt so heavy as if someone was sitting right on top of me. I thought I was dying at this point. I watched as their blurry figures disappeared from my sight. My thoughts were all scattered but my main worry was who got hurt. If it was Lilah I would literally die , she was like the only sister I had. The only one who genuinely cared about me here.

The last thing I remember was feeling like I had been drugged with some sort of poison then everything went blank. However when I woke up I was in my best friends arms, I hugged Lilah close to me praying it wasn't a dream. She was afraid and so was I to be honest, we were in the lions den so fear was a normal feeling right now. "Who got hurt?" I asked her ,I was still worried that one of my people was injured.

"Nobody got hurt, we are all still locked up in here but some big guy came with you and left you here unconscious. I was so worried, what happened to you out there?" she asked patting my hair softly.

I truly did not want to talk about what I had just gone through because it would feel like reliving that nightmare , " I am okay Lilah...I just got really scared and I don't remember much. I heard them talking about someone trying to escape and getting injured." I said changing the subject.

She sighed ,I know she wanted to ask more about how I ended up passing out but I am glad she didn't "It must be some other business of theirs because we are all here"

I sighed in relief, they were all still safe. On another note I didn't know what being tested even meant, if it was some sort of fight then I was as good as dead. "Do you think they will make me fight her?" I asked lowly.

"I'm sure that is not the case, it wouldn't make sense because its obvious she would win in a second" Lilah replied in a soft voice.

Tyler nodded his head "If they wanted us dead that soon they would have killed us already."

"maybe he wants you to win his heart" Amara said and I almost choked on my breath. Win his heart ...what was that even supposed to mean exactly?

"What do you mean by that" I laughed, I mean she couldn't possibly mean I was supposed to make that beast or whatever kind of monster he was fall in love with me like how it happened in movies.

Amara nodded her head "That is the only challenge that makes sense. You are going to have to figure that out If you are going to have a chance at winning this"

"Guys I can't ...I am scared of them all. Getting close to him in a romantic way is unthinkable ! I would rather die!," I exclaimed

John smirked and I knew he didn't have anything comforting to say about my outburst , "selfish words" he said "but then again ,the apple doesn't fall far from its tree"

"That is not fair, this is different" Lilah tried to defend me

"What is different huh?," Amara asked "Her family sent us here to die first and she can't even pretend or try to pretend to like that animal to save our lives. She owes us her life! She is willing to let us die without even trying" she shook her head with a look of pure disgust plastered on her face.

My heart felt like falling out, I felt completely cornered. I wasn't a selfish person but I wasn't as brave as any of my parents. I couldn't even defend myself at this moment ,why was this even happening to me...

Tyler scoffed "oh would you all just shut the fuck up already, none of you know what this challenge is so stop trying to act all clever. It might be worse than this romantic beauty and the beast story you have going on in your little bird brains. So cut it off, we will figure this out once we know what it is" he said simply. He looked annoyed and worried at the same time but I was great full he kind of saved me for the meantime .

Lilah hugged me with a comforting smile "Don't worry ,we will make it through this." she whispered. I smiled at her, she was the kindest and most soft hearted person I have ever known. Before I could say anything to her a large man walked in with an older woman but her body was amazing and very fit for her age. She had silver grey hair and a few wrinkles although her beauty told me she was very attractive when she was our age.

"stand up," the man with a bald head said looking directly at me "Just you" he said and he confirmed my thoughts . They were here for me, my heart dropped and tears were already gathering in my eyes. Honestly at first when we all got to this seemingly beautiful island that turned out to be a living hell I was beyond excited. When we got captured and faced these weird monsters I tried to stay cool, to have hope so that we could all survive but now that I was being faced with this situation I actually realized that I was personally in deep shit. I was going to die here, that is all I could think about and I really didn't want to die. I stood up slowly because ...well my silly legs were shaking so badly I thought they would give out in a second.

The older lady scanned my whole body before her eyes landed on my face .I couldn't read what she had going on in her mind or what she thought of me because her face remained emotionless. "I am sure you want to know what your challenge is, am I right?"

I nodded my head...my ultimate fear now was letting my mouth spill out stupid words that would get me into trouble again. She continued after my nod "You had the audacity to deny your mate in front of his people after he had acknowledged you as his mate at first glance," she said calmly with a straight face but her words were firm and strong I felt like I was being sentenced to death "His wolf is not happy with you as well and not only did you insult your mate but you have given another female the opportunity to challenge your position as the female luna and the Alphas mate."

It all sounded so terrible but I honestly did not understand what this all meant or why being their leaders friend was such a big deal. I shook my head "I don't understand" I said almost silently .

"You will have to prove to your mate and the people that you deserve to be their luna. If you fail there will be a ceremony to welcome Vera as our new luna and the King's new chosen mate. What happens to you and your friends after that will be up to the King to decide however I can personally assure you that you will all die," She said before turning to leave "Bring her" she ordered the big man beside her.

I closed my eyes ,I prayed that this was all just a really bad nightmare but once I felt his large hands grab me and pull me away from my friends I knew it was real. This was my reality , "No please...let me go!" I screamed as they took me to my destruction.