chapter 3 "ROCKY RIDE"

I groaned as I opened my eyes,squinting them as the sudden white light did its best to blind me. My eyes tried to adjust to the light as my body remained still.I could hear voices close to me,a lot of voices so I concentrated on whatever my ears could hear first. “Get the first two pods ready and launch them! Make sure the oxygen is equivalent. Remember food and supplies are to be sent with the first two pods.The bigger pod is the last pod and I will be in that pod with the rest of the team” Cohan whispered harshly and immediately I panicked.They couldn’t be leaving already...

It took me a few seconds to realize that my body was strapped to a small single bed.I began struggling as I watched Cohan instruct a few more people to carry out whatever duties he gave to them. Cohan was the captain,whatever he said was law-he was our leader.I looked around,we were in the launcher room were the pods were located and apparently I wasn’t the only one strapped to a mattress. Jack’s nephew Tyler was also still unconscious and strapped as well, Sam was also there and I blinked as she stared back at me in horror. Unlike Emily Sam was less of a crazy bitch.

“They are sending us back to GORDO,” she said in horror

I nodded my head “Yes,It’s a bad idea”

“We will die there,I don’t want to die” she cried as she suddenly started to struggle with her straps making her hands bleed a little.She was going through a panic attack and she was hurting herself.

“Hey,hey Sam calm down!” I whispered a little too loud

“Shut the fuck up!” Tyler groaned starring up at the ceiling,I could see that he had just regained consciousness. Tyler was more of a rebel,always getting into trouble whenever he got the chance and he was definitely a spoiled brat as well.I rolled my eyes as I ignored him.

Sam started shaking as she struggled more “I cannot go there!No!" she screamed attracting a lot of unwanted attention

“Sedate them and send them with the next pod right now!” Cohan demanded and two men walked towards us.

“Shit” Tyler said as they injected him and he lost consciousness again.

I groaned as I felt them inject me and suddenly Sam’s cries faded.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

“And she is finally awake,great” I heard a familiar voice say reeking with sarcasm.I blinked as my vision adjusted and groaned as my eyes met Tyler’s black amused eyes starring at me.He was the one cousin I was not so fond of. He was sitting right opposite me and LILAH. I breathed out in relief as I watched her unconscious body.

“Lilah!Lilah wake up!” I nudged her but she didn’t respond at all.

Tyler scoffed “Don’t bother yourself,they won’t be waking up any time soon.The drug was made to last for at least thirty hours and we have been here for 26hours”

I widened my eyes as I looked around slowly, “we have been launched” I said in horror as I realized that we were in a pod .I could hear the engines running,we were heading up to GORDO. This was one of the smallest pods made to carry ten people and we were ten. I could only recognize four.Sam,Tyler,Lilah and John one of Tyler’s friends plus a great engineer.

“How long until we get there,I am starting to feel a bit sick.” a red headed girl said rubbing her head. Her hair was extremely red,she had green eyes and a few freckles dotting her cheeks.

Tyler looked at his seat belts ,the only things keeping us from crushing into each other “Probably in three or six hours.”

“how do you know so much about this?” I asked him curiously

“His uncle probably told him all about it,right sea Lord” the red head cut in making sure she used his nickname. A name that he earned because of his great knowledge about the black sea and his great swimming skills. Tyler was one of the fastest sea divers at AGUA.

He rolled his eyes “I read it somewhere ,if you actually took the time to read something you would probably know this too Amara.”

“Aria?” Lilah groaned as she squinted her eyes in my direction regaining consciousness

I smiled at her glad that she was finally awake “Yes I am here Lilah”

“Oh thank God, I had to fight my own father to get to you,well that was until he stabbed me with a needle. God I hate those things.” she croaked

I laughed “tell me about it”

“What do you think is happening at AGUA now? ” she asked suddenly with worry filling her eyes

“three thousand people will be dead by tomorrow” John’s voice cut in void of any emotions

My heart filled with dread, “How could this have been the only option? All those people are going to die...”

“count your blessings if we don’t join them in their graves as well” Amara said in a bored tone.

“They have left all the kids under ten behind. My little brother will be dead by tomorrow ” John said still void of any emotions,his head was down but I knew he was in pain. He had a little brother and he was just six years old.

Tyler looked in his direction “I am so sorry man”

“it’s okay ,I wouldn’t want him to die in GORDO anyways.” he said and Tyler nodded.

“We won’t die,they ran some research and GORDO is safe” Amara said sternly with confidence

“spare us with your damn science Amara” another voice cut in, it was a guy with shoulder length wavy blond hair .

“My science is the reason why I am still here alive.Science is how we are all going to survive and science has it that GORDO is survivable,” she smirked. Already I could tell that she was one not to be argued with, scientists could have been better lawyers at AGUA because you could never win an argument against them.They believed in facts that came with evidence and critical explanations.

Suddenly the engine stopped and a heavy wave got us crushing into something hard. Nobody had the time to even scream when the pressure ripped our seat belts off sending us crushing into each other. “Oh shit,what the fuck was that!” John exclaimed as he stood up from the ground spitting out blood,his lip was bleeding.

“We are here,” Amara said with wide eyes