Chapter 39 "SAVING ARIA"

LILAH

"We were attacked by the wildlings, they are Savage and ruthless. They killed our warriors. It was brutal but I managed to drag my nephew out of that place while our men fought them. They sacrificed their lives for us," Jack spoke while everyone listened "I wanted to fight so badly but I had to think of the only family I have left. I had to protect him but this isn't over. Now that we know what we are dealing with we can prepare better!"

I watched Tyler who was standing next to his uncle with a bruised nose and tiny bruises all over his face. He was lost, his eyes werent looking at the crowd. Something wasn't right and I had a feeling I knew what it was.

" he is lying" John said standing next to me "something bigger happened out there and Jack doesn't want us to know what it is"

I bit my lip as I looked at Jack, he was a politician and they always lie to keep things 'calm' but the people deserved to know what was really going on. This wasn't Agua anymore,
"what of saving Aria! We can't just do nothing because she is still alive out there!" I spoke out

Jack nodded his head and his eyes looked like he was really worried or concerned. It was all just a facade, he probably didn't care "We are going to save Aria and this time we are going to be more prepared"

I watched as Clarke marched off to one of the tents. Her eyes were red, she wasn't happy at all. I wasn't happy either, my friend needed us. She was stuck with those animals and Jack was out here lying with his dumb ass nephew.

I began to make my way to Clarke and John followed. "why are you following me?" I asked a bit annoyed. It's not like we were friends and it's not like he cared about Aria. John was more of a lone wolf, he kept to himself all the time.

"Noone deserves to be trapped out there alone with those creatures. All these people care about is politics and bullshit they don't care about us. We are just there and that is not fair. Aria wouldn't leave us out there." he smiled a little and I nodded.

He was right Aria would never leave anyone out there. "we should talk to Clarke,"

We made our way to her when suddenly one of our warriors on guard came running. I scrunched up my my eyebrows "something is wro..." before I could finish my statement an arrow went right through the warriors chest. John pulled me with him as I watched arrows flying in every direction. Left, right... there were gunshots and people screaming everywhere.

"we have to run!" John said dragging me with him. I blinked twice and ran with him as the situation finally kicked in. We were being attacked but this was different. I spotted the people attacking us. They were wearing a nice black and gold uniform with a symbol of a  dragon on the chest. They seemed to be completely human because with every gun shot they fell to the ground, they didn't shift into some monster.

"weapons, we need weapons!" I told John and we headed towards the tent with the weapons. I fell to the ground as I watched Clarke being captured, we were losing because we were not prepared for all of this! If only they had listened to us, those monsters were not our only problem now and we had so many damn problems.

"move!" John said pulling me up

"I need to help Clarke!" I said as I tried to get to her

John was too strong as he dragged me with him. "you will be of no use if they capture you too!"

I swallowed hard and nodded as I followed him. We entered the tent with the weapons only to have guns pointed in our direction. Fortunately it was Tyler, Amara, Shane, Olivia Shane's girlfriend and Sam.

"it's just us!" I exclaimed putting our hands up. They all put away their weapons.

Amara breathed out rolling her eyes,"we could have killed you"

I shook my head "yeah, I know. We are also being attacked by people. They almost seem just like us" I said trying to control my breathing after all that running.

Tyler gathered more weapons "I don't care, I'm out. Whose coming with?" he asked "actually forget it I'm better off alone, they captured my uncle. We need to save them"

"wait! Seriously guys? Our people can take care of themselves plus they all have a gps inserted in their arms. Clarke has a GPS in her necklace. They are grown ups. You would rather start saving them than our friend who has been trapped with those monsters for weeks now! After she practically saved our lives by remaining there!" I said in disbelief.
  "are you all serious right now" this was really disappointing.

Amara looked down, she knew I was right "I think we should rescue Aria first, we have weapons now and it's the right thing to do"

"yeah, it's the right thing to do. Aria first, we get her out then we go for our parents." Sam spoke getting another gun and a small blade which she put in her boots

I grabbed a smaller gun which was easier to handle. I liked being flexible, it made me faster. Tyler groaned,"Fine,we better go now"

I grabbed a blade as well before we headed out. We hid behind the tents as we made our way to the forest. The camp was almost empty as our people were dragged away to God knows where. We entered the forest but remained silent hiding behind trees and bushes.

"shit! They are coming this way!" Olivia warned us as she took out her gun.

Shane joined her "you guys go, we will try to hold them off, we will send you the location where they will be holding us!"

I hated leaving them but we had to stay alive, we had to make sure we would be able to rescue our people-all of them. John nudged my shoulder to follow him and I smiled at Shane."we will find you" I said before following John.

Tyler was already ahead of us, that idiot had no compassion. We were going to rescue Aria, my heart rejoiced at that.

*** ***

It didn't take us long to reach the place where Aria was being held captive. We hid behind one of their cabins, Tyler nudged me "Do you see her, over there." he said pointing at a girl with hair that looked almost snow white.

The girl looked almost like she was an angel amongst them. Her skin was pale just like Aria's. She was just different, like some sort of a Princess.She wore a long dark leafy green leather dress.Aria didn't have white hair like that.

"No, can't be her..." I said using my binoculars.

"give me that" Amara said grabbing the binoculars from me. She checked "oh that's her, she has a new look already.She doesn't look unhappy"

I snatched the binoculars from her "oh give me those, did you want her to fight off monster wolves by herself?" I whisper yelled at her.

"whatever I am just saying, anyways let's get her and get out.They are heading in that cabin" Amara said crawling towards a bush

Tyler followed her, this time we were extra silent. I saw Aria enter the cabin with a dark haired girl. I couldn't believe they made her change her hair like that. I didn't get it...I crawled on the ground until we reached the cabin.

Tyler signaled that he was going to take a look through the gaps on the cabin since they used logs to build the cabin it was easier to see through those gaps. We nodded and he crawled forward until suddenly his body was dragged, it just disappeared.

We immediately took out our weapons. Amara ran forward into the cabin "Let him go or I will blow your head off!" she said pointing the gun at the girl with dark hair.

I smiled as I watched Aria, she looked... different. The white hair made her pale skin pop out more. It actually suited her, as if that was her natural hair and it had grown longer. Her eyes were a lighter shade of brown they looked almost gold or hazel. She looked surprised, shocked. I thought she would be happier.

"guys, everyone just calm down. Put the weapons down. Sasha let Tyler go" she commanded and the girl let Tyler go.

I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion, did she just command that being. Amara scoffed "told you so" she glanced at me.