Chapter 24 "POWER"

I couldn't get rid of the bloody image of the two dead warriors from my head. It was my fault they were dead. Here life was nothing to these people. Already they were acting as if nothing had just happened. Some went back to training while the rest continued to work on whatever it is they had been working on before.

Sasha still looked worried, my heart skipped a little. Was he going to hurt her too? I couldn't let that happen. I nudged her shoulder with mine "he is not going to hurt you too is he?" I asked in horror

She smiled and shook her head "no, he is not going to hurt me. I am his half sister but he might give you to another" she sighed "you know you were starting to grow on me a little"

I frowned, suddenly I was filled with so much anger "I will not let him do that! I don't want anyone else to be around me." I told her and I was being honest. I didn't trust anyone else especially after last night

She stood up and I followed suit "I am glad you like me as well. Now we go to the mountains where you will see how Kings rule" she said as she held my hand. "This time I will not leave your sight" she smiled

Alaric had left apparently he had gone ahead of everyone else in his wolf form to "cool off". A few shirtless warriors followed behind us and ahead of us in only their leather pants. They did not wear any shoes as well. I noticed that almost everyone was covered in some black ink including Sasha so I decided to ask her about it.

"what do these mean, you all have them" I said looking at the men in front of us. Their backs were covered in that black ink but there were beautiful patterns drawn some covering their back while others covered their back completely.

"Ogt atya Luna cut, that means we are of the moon tribe. These," she said pointing at the ink covering her chest, she had a moon drawn close to her heart as well "represent our tribe, everything it stands for and everything I stand for. I am a warrior and a healer. My ink represents that"

I smiled because I liked the idea of having something that will always remind me of who I was and what I stood for if ever I was to lose myself. I nodded my head "That sounds beautiful,"

"It is beautiful, do you want to know what's even more amazing?" she said with a smirk and I got even more curious

"what?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow

She grinned "your mate got his symbols from the moon goddess herself. He was chosen to rule but some people did not believe in this so they formed their own tribes. They broke away from us"

I frowned, to be honest I did not believe a single word she said. However I was not going to mock her or what she believed in. Everyone on Agua was Christian, we were all catholic. Maria our divinity tutor taught us not to mock anyone else or other religions because only God was the judge of all things.

"Luna, that is the moon right or a goddess?" I asked just to confirm my thoughts. I heard the word a couple of times in Greek mythology lessons and Latin class although I sucked at both.

She nodded her head "Luna is the moon, we come from the moon. We are creatures of the night, our wolves are a gift from Selene the moon goddess" she said looking at the sky "we are part of nature itself and trust me it is such a beautiful feeling being directly connected to the earth"

I could hardly imagine what it was like but according to my beliefs whatever they were was unnatural. I still did not trust them even if I was starting to like Sasha. They freaked me out, they had no respect for life and for all I knew they could be demons. This could all be a nightmare or a test from God. I closed my eyes and said a little prayer 'may God save us all'

"it's so beautiful" I commented as we arrived at the top of the mountain. I could see the beautiful green forest below and I swear I felt like I could almost reach the clouds. It would be amazing coming back up here just to clear my head.

Sasha giggled "I think he is quite pleased with your words" she looked at me and I scrunched up my eyebrows.

What was she talking about, I almost collapsed when I saw a very much completely nude Alaric with an obvious smirk on his face as he received black leather pants from one of his men. I wanted to roll my eyes and face palm. Instead I looked away embarrassed.

"I meant the view... the place! " I shook my head as Sasha laughed out loud so I walked faster ahead of her and she followed giggling. I smiled and looked away avoiding Alaric's gaze. He still had a smirk on his face as he looked at me, he was probably getting big headed about this.

His smirk immediately disappeared as a group of four naked men appeared from the forest. Alaric stood in front of me blocking my view. Sasha held my hand tightly, suddenly the atmosphere was intense. I tried to get a better view by stepping to the side just a little. I only got a low growl from Alaric in return but I ignored him. It's not like I wanted to see naked men... well not really but I did want to see what was going on more.

These men had different symbols only starting from their left side of the chest and covering their left arms. It was really amazing. They were also really big men and they did not bother wearing any pants.

"Rhuaidri kaiser the true King only has one message for you! Saltan is the true King. Kneel to him and he will spare you by taking the crown peacefully. Resist and lose your life in the process." the man with long dirty brown hair spoke with confidence.

Alaric folded his hands as if this man's words meant nothing at all. "tell your leader that I wait for his presence and take this gift to him as well,"

I tried looking for what he meant was the gift, even the men waited to see what he was talking about. In a second he was in front of the spokesman holding two heads. The headless  bodies of the men who had been waiting beside the spokesman fell to the ground that was now  stained with their blood.

"and tell him next time he wastes my time with meetings he does not attend to I will personally pay him a nice little visit" Alaric finished off patting the now shocked spokesman on his shoulder with a bloody hand.