Chapter 38 "A TRAITORS VOICE"

"you have to rest, the poison will take atleast a few hours to completely get out of your system!" Sasha told her King but even I could see that Alaric was so difficult when it came to following orders.

When he blacked out I was so afraid that I had lost him. That his people had lost him but he was a fighter and I admired him for that. I sighed as I stood infront of him blocking his way. I looked at the white cloth wrapped around his abdomen,it was still bleeding. He watched me and I got lost in his eyes for a second. I don't know how he did that, as if he had some sort of control over my mind and body.

"you should rest, it won't help anyone if fall sick again. Your people need you... fully healthy" I told him

Sasha cleared her throat "she is right brother, we need you alive and well"

"Bring in members of the council. I will stay here but a few things need to be discussed" he ordered and Sasha nodded her head before walking out.

"you should sit down or rest in bed at least" I said before trying to grab a chair for him but he grabbed my hand.

I stood frozen in front of him. He lowered his head and his nose invaded my neck "MINE" he growled biting on the mark he gave me lightly.

His body went a little stiff when I suddenly hugged him. I wanted to yell at him and tell him never to get hurt like that again but instead I embraced the comfortable silence. After a few seconds he held me tightly. I think he understood, I needed this. He had scared me and I never wanted to experience that ever again.

"they are here" he said and I let him go. He kissed my forehead before letting me go.

I looked up at him "please atleast sit down, you are bleeding"

He smirked before sitting down, he didn't even groan or look sore. I felt as if he wanted to brag about how worried I was about him. I shook my head with a light smile. Sasha walked in with the beta Regan, Vera and some members of the council.

They all bowed their heads before standing before their King. I stood beside Alaric as I watched them. Vera looked a bit worried but she covered that up quickly as she glanced at me. She still wasn't very fond of me.

"The torrents decided to ambush me and my men as we made our to Sraghad. It was a weak move and it shows that the Torrents still lack fear and respect for me as their rightful King. Taizan was obviously behind this, he probably doesn't care that I have his brother imprisoned here in my territory," he folded his arms for a second. "They will attack again and again. It's in their spirit, they were not alone though. They had help but I am not sure who is on their side. It is obviously one of my enemies."

"My King... If I may speak" an older lady said.

Alaric nodded "yes Zedha"

"It is no secret you have made many enemies over the years. They will keep attacking, there is one thing that is worrying. How did they know you were going to Sraghad. Nobody ever knows of your plans," she said raising an eyebrow, her doe brown eyes watching her king

Regan also raised his eyebrows. " we have a traitor or traitors. That means you are not safe... my King I suggest you start taking more men with you"a

"That won't solve anything, the only way to solve this is by pulling out the weeds and destroying them before they spread." Vera spoke out, her voice was firm and strong.

Alaric nodded his head "I agree Vera, we must find the traitors and make an example out of them. After that we will pay Taizan a little visit and we will bring him a present"

"How are we going to find these traitors?" Uri spoke, he was one of Alarics best warriors. He was also the delta so I heard from Sasha when she was teaching me about ranks in a wolf pack.