Chapter 31 "BRAVE HEART"

I did not say a word once I was in the tent. Sasha helped me get comfortable in a cotton grey dress with long sleeves. I really wanted to wash my body and get rid of him. I felt like he was still all over me. Sasha said I couldn't take a bath, not until tomorrow. Apparently their Alpha King was still feeling some type of way, he wanted his scent all over me. I was also mad at Sasha for not warning me about this even though I knew that there was nothing she could have done. I just felt betrayed and I just wanted to disappear from this world.

"I am sorry Aria, just try to be strong. Things work differently around here. It's a brutal world and maybe one day you will understand it all," Sasha said with a sad smile holding my hand. "No more trials, you have already completed the mate bond and some people are not happy about that so please Aria be strong because they will try to hurt you."

A stray tear trickled down my right cheek as I looked at her. I was still alive and my people were still out there. I had no option but to be strong. I nodded my head and she smiled handing me a cup, whatever was in that cup had a strong smell and not a pleasant one.

"what is that" I asked before drinking it.

"trust me, you do not want to have a child right now" she said and without a second thought I drank it.

I did not want a child especially his child. I coughed out loud, it tasted so bitter and disgusting. Sasha smiled "you will be fine."

Sasha led me out of the tent. Everyone was staring at me, some were even glaring daggers at me. I felt like a villain, why were they staring. Why were they so upset with me, they didn't even know me. How can they have the strength to hate someone they had just met. To me, this world didn't make sense at all.

" don't mind them, they are upset because the Alpha chose you instead of Vera" Sasha explained and I scrunched up my eyebrows. No, he didn't choose me, he hates me.

"no, no but he didn't choose me" I said shaking my head

Sasha looked at me "Aria they all know what happened and when that happens it means the mate bond has been completed. You are now our Luna, you need to-actually you must understand this"

I didn't understand how him forcing himself on me means anything. All it means to me is that he is a monster and I am disgusted with what I felt in the end. I didn't want this, Vera needed this. It wasn't fair to me or to her.

I shook my head  "this doesn't make sense. I can't Sasha,"

She held my hand "don't say things like that, be strong. You want to live? Fight. You want to die here then it's your choice" she said sternly

I nodded my head and breathed out. We entered the cabin we were in earlier with my head held high. Sasha did not let go of my hand as she led me to were the leaders sat. The Alpha was already there and the rest of the leaders including Vera.

Sasha made me sit next to Alaric. As much as it angered me seeing him, I decided to swallow my hate. Herra and Sasha were the only ones standing. Sasha spoke first. She looked nice in her green dress.

"We all know that the two females were being tested to see who is fit to be our leader. Who is brave enough, who is strong enough! However despite Vera being the people's choice Aria was chosen by the moon goddess herself. Despite our trials and our hearts hearts wanting the red wolf nobody can go against the moon goddess," she smiled looking at Alaric.   "Even the King himself could not resist fate. Which is why the mate bond between the destined mates has been completed" she finished off her statement and everyone gasped while others shook their head

Herra nodded her head "silence! It is done and we will all do well to respect the Kings decision. Who are we to go against the moon goddess and the fate she has chosen for all of us? We were wrong to test fate in the first place," she said and to be honest I was quite shocked to hear her say that, did she really mean it or it was just for show.  "Welcome... Luna" she said bowing her head to me

They all bowed their heads and I just watched frozen. This couldn't be happening to me. Vera had a straight face, she probably hated me to death for this. Alaric stood up and everyone went silent, this silence was different. This silence was intense and full of respect plus fear. A long table was brought in front of him and the tray with the royal eggs was placed on top. I guess this symbolized that he was royalty.

"For some reason I have been given a human mate. It is quite fascinating, we were all raised and taught that our mates are our strengths. However fate has given me a weak mate but I will not let that be my weakness. She will be your Luna, she will be my mate but Vera will still be your leader. You will do well to respect her," he announced. I almost scoffed at the insult because he really was good at underestimating me like a fool.

What was he even saying, whatever he had said made everyone happy because they all cheered and Vera stood by his side. I felt like burning them both to ashes, my hands felt hot and my head was boiling. I was literally feeling rage, hot rage and it scared me because I have never felt this way before. Sasha rushed to my side, Alaric did not even turn to look at me instead he watched his people cheer them on. He was such a fool, for hurting me and now this. It was not necessary to call me weak in front of his people because I was not weak! He was a coward and I was done  being humiliated like this. I was human not weak and he would do well to respect that.

"Are you alright, you are sweating a lot and you do not look so well. Maybe you are coming up with..." before she could say 'fever'  I wiped away the sweat on my forehead which was a lot more than I had expected. I did feel hot and not myself but I was not going to let them all think that I was indeed weak by getting sick in front of them, never! Without thinking I stood up and marched in front  of them and man was I boiling. I was definitely out of my mind at this point.

"You will respect me! I am not weak!" I said out loud. Everyone froze and he watched.

The table in front of us shook and the eggs fell right in front of me. My eyes widened as they hatched and four little creatures appeared. They looked like giant lizards with  wings, it was all too unbelievably scary. The four of them screeched at the crowd and my mouth fell open as everyone bowed down in front of me. 'oh boy, what just happened'