Chapter 16 "THE CALLING"

Nothing was making any sense in my life, this was not the world I had dreamed of. The world I dreamed of did not have any monsters or enemies, the world I dreamed of was beautiful. This was a nightmare, a terrible one. Sasha had left me in another tent with some food for me to eat but I barely had an appetite to be honest. I was still trying to figure out if this was all real or I was just having a terrible dream.

I played around with the food in front of me. 'stop overthinking' I told myself, if I kept overthinking I would probably give myself a heart attack or a stroke. I dropped my meat on the floor as I felt something weird suddenly calling to me. It wasn't like a voice or whisper but it was much weirder than that. It was like a sudden urge to go in that direction. A strong urge, was it wise to follow that urge?

I shook my head, no I probably shouldn't be wondering around on my own because I have a strong feeling to do so. I took a bite out of my meat and concentrated at how great it tasted. These people were so lucky to have grown up eating this everyday of their lives.

My heart raced as I felt that strong urge again this time it was worse. I stood up and paced. This was just crazy, was there some sort of witchcraft happening here. Anything was possible with these creatures of the night. I rubbed my head and massaged my temples. "I mean it wouldn't hurt just taking a look and I will be back in a minute" I told myself as I took sudden steps in that direction.

I found my following that urge, it was getting a bit darker outside so I increased my pace. I actually just wanted to get this over with because if I didn't this feeling would drive me crazy. It's funny how there were rarely any of those guards where I was headed but I was careful either way making sure I was out of sight.

It didn't take me long to reach another large tent. As I entered the tent that urge just faded away and I felt relieved. I kept myself as quiet as possible as I listened making sure there were no voices before I took a peek to see what was inside. I took a peek and my eyes widened as I spotted the four large eggs decorated on a bright red cushion.

They looked so real but then again eggs didn't have scales and weren't gold or silver like these ones as far as I know but you never know with this new world we are living in. No one was in the tent so I found myself entering confidently but slowly and silently. I watched the eggs carefully studying them. They had to be for decoration I mean the things were huge, one egg could barely fit in my two hands. Plus they kind of looked like solid gold and others like solid silver.

I walked closer to them... 'Hmmm' interesting 'I wonder how they made these'. It was amazing art, the scales looked so real but they kind of looked razor sharp. I extended my hand to see if my theory was right-if they were actually razor sharp and if the eggs were as solid as I thought they were.

I jumped back with an almost silent squeal when they suddenly moved-well I think they did... I'm sure they did! I scrunched up my eyebrows as I watched them closely. They seemed the same, maybe I was going crazy. Maybe they didn't actually move... I mean... No ways.

I breathed out in relief, to be honest I shouldn't have come here. These were probably their Kings favorite decor and I was being foolish. I walked out faster than I had come in, such madness. I walked back into the tent I was in, my little journey was successful but unfortunately Sasha was waiting for me with a huge frown stuck on her pretty little face.

I grinned at her nervously "hi"

"where did you go, you know it's not safe for you to just be wondering around!" she scolded me like a little mother hen.

I wasn't going to tell her where I actually was obviously "I needed some air, I'm sorry I didn't tell you but it was only for a few minutes and you weren't around" I apologized.

I didn't want to make an enemy out of the one creature that was actually nice to me. That would be messed up, I needed her to remain nice to me for as long as possible - well atleast until we got out of this place.

She sighed "It's okay, just don't do it again. Come you look tired you need to rest." she said and I followed her to a makeshift bed in the tent. It was made neatly in the corner of the tent with blankets made out of sheep's skin. It looked so comfortable I found myself almost yawning just looking at it. Sasha smiled."come"

She helped me get comfortable by dressing me in a thinner long dress. I guess that's what women slept in around here, it was kind of revealing but I didn't complain. I entered the blankets and got cozy. I looked at her, she didn't seem so bad "thank you"

She smiled at me "it is all good. Sleep well little human" she said before walking out.

*** *** *** ***
It's crazy how I woke up feeling absolutely amazing. Maybe it was the blankets or the makeshift bed but I felt great. I woke up and found Sasha already holding up a Grey dress in her hands, it looked okay I guess- just plain and long but body fitting. "goodmorning" I greeted her

She walked towards me "you look healthier" she said helping me in the dress "but you need a bath"

I almost laughed but smiled instead "I guess I do need a bath"

She started braiding my hair but suddenly stopped so I looked at her and she looked at me with scrunched up eyebrows. "what?" I asked her

"you hair is a little silver at the roots I did not notice. You have a lot of white strands. We call them wisdom strands here. Always thought you were a Raven princess," she smiled "I take it back"

That was weird, what did she mean silver in the roots? I have never had white strands of hair before. Maybe it was stress, I have been stressed a lot lately. I just smiled at her as she went on with her stories.