Chapter 32 "DOUBT"

I wasn't sure if they were bowing down to me or to their king. I took a step back and the creatures followed my steps. My heart was racing I didn't know what was happening or why it was happening. Alaric watched me closely as if I was an imposter. As if I had lied to him or betrayed him. The creatures screeched again and my heart felt pained as If I knew how they felt-lost and scared. However I was also afraid of them.

A man came forward holding a cage, he bowed his head "Luna... Azrari" he said before he tried putting the creatures into the cage. He didn't seem afraid or anything. The creatures screeched at him as they stumbled towards me. I don't know why but I didn't want him close to them. I didn't want him to hurt them or take them. I didn't know what was going on in my head or with me.

"Stop! I will do it" I said taking the cage from him. Surprisingly he didn't fight me with this. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, it was uncomfortable. I even felt uncomfortable in my own skin because I didn't know what I was becoming or who I was becoming.

I swallowed hard as I placed the cage on the ground. As if they could read my mind or they could feel how I was feeling the creatures stumbled into the cage. They were still learning to walk, they were just little. I closed the cage and carried it.

Sasha walked towards me, she took the cage from my hands. She knew I was struggling not just physically but emotionally "I will take this for you, come" she said and I followed her out.

I was so grateful for her, Sasha had just saved me from a huge nightmare. My skin was itchy and I felt like tearing it off my body. I felt so hot I knew this wasn't normal. I was also glad nobody stopped us from leaving that place.

"thank you" I said to Sasha as we walked to the entrance, the way we had entered this territory. I guess we were about to leave now. I could see the warriors we had come with coming towards us.

Sasha nodded her head "don't be afraid, everything will be alright" she said

I sighed as I looked at the creatures in the cage. I scratched the skin on my arms knowing very well it was already red and bruising but I couldn't stop "I don't know what's happening with me"

"Aria..." before Sasha could say what she wanted to say Alaric cut her off.

"we leave...now." he said in a straight voice before walking a few steps into the forest and shifting into his midnight black wolf.

He didn't sound happy at all, he sounded so cold. The walk back to his territory felt long, awkward and silent. Even Sasha wasn't her usual friendly self anymore, she was extremely quiet. It felt like they didn't want me around anymore.

Why did I feel the need to protect these creatures. Since the day I saw those eggs I had a weird feeling about them. It's either I was imagining and overthinking things or something crazy was happening to me. The creatures laid in the cage huddled up together. Somehow I knew or I felt that they were okay. That made me feel calm as well. I could think straight now.

When we arrived at his territory Sasha and I along with a few warriors went to the Kings cabin. That's were he did all his planning, thinking and every other Kings business. Sasha told me this when she was showing me around. She left the cage in my tent, guarded by some warriors. She said they would be safe, I trusted her.

Alaric watched me as I entered the cabin with Sasha. I watched him too, what had I done now... I felt nervous because I knew this wasn't anything good especially on my part. There was always something bad going on for me. Now I could feel their doubt, they didn't trust me.

"who are you?" he asked sternly, every word was said strongly demanding an answer "and don't feed me the simple human harmless girl from a world underwater bullshit" he added

I scrunched up my eyebrows, so these people really didn't believe what we told them about Agua. They really didn't believe anything I had told them. I looked at Sasha and it was confirmed. She also didn't believe me, she had a straight face but I could tell from her eyes. She didn't trust me anymore.

I looked back at Alaric, this man could go to hell because I didn't owe him or anyone anything "I told you already, I am Aria from Agua. I came here with my people for a safe place in order to survive. You can choose to believe me or not... Well you already don't so better you send me off to my people. Why keep someone you don't trust here?"

"my mother was the dark princess,her mate was a warrior of the Sraghad clan. They had been fighting to live peacefully among the humans for years just like their parents and their grandparents... even their ancestors died fighting the same battles. However they always lost time and time again because the humans in the North had the night walkers while the humans in Westeros had fire," he said looking at the map on his wooden desk.  "Well some say it's a legend, some say these are all just stories we were fed as children but to every story there is some truth. Humans don't believe in our existence but they still don't set their feet in the Eastern Forests because somehow they know that they will never get out of them alive. We do not go to the North because our people never return alive or in the West because humans prefer to experiment with our kind or they burn our kind. They do not like the idea of living amongst beings they do not understand. Sit, " he said without looking at me.

I took a sit and he suddenly looked at me with this look I could not understand but what he was saying was quite interesting.  "Funny how humans work when they used to worship creatures themselves before they decided to shun them. Now they are... Christians. Holier-than-thou" he mocked and I felt like he was a devil. "they used to protect the eggs of the creatures they used to worship centuries ago. Westeros was also known as the Fire kingdom protected by beasts that breathed out fire. Alara, my mother defeated the first army of Westeros in her human form. She took those eggs they called sacred as a prize. Not because she believed in them or what they stood for really. It made Westeros vulnerable even now but they are still strong, they managed to burn down so many territories,"

"I thought they were yours, they symbolize power in your kingdom?" I said a bit confused. If his mother took the eggs that meant they weren't his, they didn't belong here.

He smirked "yes, my mother earned them. Now they symbolize how powerful we are. The humans never came for the eggs because today they don't believe the eggs hold any power. That belief died long ago but to us who remember our history very well because we were there we know what they stand for. We are not quick to forget. Dragon eggs only hatched when their mother was close"

My heart stopped when he said the last part. I laughed as I looked at Sasha, this was not true. Was he seriously talking about dragons right now, those eggs... Sasha didn't laugh. Why wasn't anyone laughing. "You are serious right now?" I said to Alaric before facing Sasha "Sasha?"

Sasha didn't change her facial expression, she still had a straight face "Dragon eggs only hatched when their sire, their mother was close. A queen with a dragons heart born of a dracos bloodline. They were all killed many centuries ago, it is believed even dragons became extinct. But here you are Azrari" she said in her language with a deep foreign accent.

I shook my head "no" I scoffed scratching my skin even harder.