Chapter 21 "UNWANTED"

"stay strong, don't let words bother you. You don't have many people that like you here" Sasha said as she helped me dress into the dress I slept in.

I smiled at her "everyone hates me, that's easy to see"

"they will learn to love you, you just need to be patient" she said brushing my hair

I sighed, that's not what I wanted "Why doesn't he just get with Vera she is the practical choice. She knows everything about your culture, traditions and everything."

"well she is not his mate Aria, you are his mate. His wolf will not rest until he has you completely but the King himself seems to be conflicted. It is probably because you are human. That changes a lot." she began to braid my hair.

I shook my head as I looked at the bright torch. " I don't understand this, all of it"

She smiled at me as she helped me get into bed "you will understand everything in time, like I said patience. Good dreams luna"

I smiled at her as she left the tent "goodnight"

Finding sleep around here was not easy at all. I kept thinking about a lot of things, Sasha had unfortunately taken the torch which made sleeping next to impossible. I was so afraid I found myself crying until eventually I passed out. I was just tired, exhausted with everything.

*** *** *** ***
My eyes snapped open after a few hours of sleep, it was like an alarm suddenly went off in my head warning me of something. My body didn't move but my eyes did and it didn't take me long to spot the shadow standing in the corner. A slim, tall shadow and it walked slowly towards me.

My instinct quickly kicked in and I got out of bed. Before I could run out of the tent my body was thrown to the ground hard. I felt as if I had been hit by a bus. I could feel the tears in my eyes trickling down my cheeks as I looked at the figure come towards me. They weren't killing me fast enough, they were punishing me.

In a second the figure was behind me. Whoever it was didn't want me to see their face, "you will never be our Luna. Leave or die" they whispered in an animalistic voice before slashing my wrist. I was too busy trying to stop the bleeding I didn't see the figure disappear into thin air.

What is a Luna, I didn't know what was going on or why this person thought I wanted to be this Luna. I didn't want any of it! I crawled towards the bed and grabbed any cloth I could find wrapping it around my wrist. It wasn't bleeding as much as I thought, it was surprisingly just a thin cut that could be deadly if the bleeding is not stopped but it would heal soon enough.

This was a warning and I had to leave this place. I was no match for these creatures and it was obvious no one was here to protect me but myself. I did not dare to close my eyes. I stayed awake until my tent was filled with daylight. The air felt cold and dry today. My wrist had stopped bleeding but I had tied a small silk cloth around it. I had torn it from one of the dresses.

Sasha walked in and her eyes widened. She looked horrified, as if she had just seen a ghost. She ran towards me "What! Why do you look like this, I smell blood. Are you okay?No oh no" she said looking at the blood on the blankets and my dress.

"I am seriously fine Sasha" I told her honestly. I was okay physically, my body wasn't sore anymore and my wrist was okay it just stung a little. I was honestly just tired.

She rubbed a bruise on my forehead and I moved my face away from her reach because that did hurt a lot. "what happened! He is going to be furious"

"you are being dramatic. I fell last night, it was dark and not a big deal" I said standing up

Sasha immediately sat me down with her inhuman strength "you fell and cut your wrist?" she asked not believing a single word.

"Can we please just get ready for the day, you are making me tired with all these questions" I said smiling at her. I kind of liked Sasha but I honestly didn't know what to do in this situation. I just wanted to go home.

"we have to tell the king, if he finds out about this himself. He will not be happy. He will be back later today from the hunt" she said looking worried

I almost rolled my eyes, they really made him sound so dramatic and I didn't care what he would think. "He is not here?"

"he left last night for the hunt. He usually does that to calm his wolf. He goes deep into the forest and cuts all connections off. Noone can track him that way, he is like a ghost" she said and I found myself getting intrigued

I nodded my head "that sounds fascinating"

She smiled "it is, but if he hadn't done that he could have felt that you are in danger" she said her smile suddenly dropping. She had that accent again, she was annoyed. It seems like she blamed him for this although I did not understand how he could have known that.

I stood up again "I need a bath" I smiled at her and she nodded.

After a nice hot bath I felt so much better. Today I wore another tight fitting, body hugging black dress. I chose to wear a long sleeved dress this time to cover my wrist. Sasha brushed my hair softly while I stared at my face in the long mirror. It was a nice mirror with gold designs. I had a nasty red bruise close to my hairline.

It was so visible I felt like asking Sasha to cut my hair into a fringe but I think that would be too dramatic. I would just stick to my story. I fell and hit my head somewhere.