nineteen

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬TOURNAMENT

"ARE YOU TRYING TO DISTRACT ME?"

 TW! none 

◦✿◦⸺TODAY WAS THE DAY of the dreaded tournament. Dreaded because Caspia knew she was the most likely to win it and Johnny was counting on her. He was putting pressure on Miguel too, but she was above him, so she had more chance. Caspia did not like that. Caspia, Aisha, Hawk, Bert and Miguel were all standing outside of the building where the tournament was being held. Miguel was punching the air in front of him and Caspia was breathing very heavily. Hawk looked over at Miguel who had a determined look on his face.

"Yo, Miguel, calm down, man. Save some for the tournament." Aisha reassured him when Miguel just kept punching. "Hey, don't even bother. He's been super aggro ever since the breakup."

Hawk nodded showing he understood. Hawk looked beside him and Caspia was still breathing heavily and she had a look of panic on her face. Hawk took her hand in his and she sighed. "Pancake, you okay?"

"I'm gonna fail and I'm gonna hurt myself. Then I'm gonna be in the hospital and I'm never gonna be able to do karate again. Then you're gonna dump me 'cause I'm not a badass. You're all gonna abandon me and then I'm gonna die alone!" Hawk put his hands on her arms and looked right into her eyes. "You're not gonna fail, you're not gonna end up in the hospital and we aren't going to leave you. I'm not going to leave you. I never would. Alright?"

Caspia sighed again and nodded. "Okay...But I still think I'm gonna get hurt and-" Hawk cut her off by kissing her. As he did, he put his hand over Bert's eyes. Hawk pulled away from her and Caspia wasn't freaking out anymore. Caspia giggled and nudged Aisha's arm. She always got giddy when Hawk kisses her. Hawk had a successful smirk on his face. Miguel stopped punching the air and he joined their little circle. "Hey, where's sensei? The tournament's gonna start soon."

"He'll be here." Bert then spoke up for once. "I don't know about that."

Everyone gave him a confused look and Hawk questioned him. "What are you talking about?"

"I saw him last night at the mini mall. I was buying...a carton of milk." He clearly wasn't. "When I heard him in the parking lot, yelling. He was pissing on a car yelling about someone being someone else's father. When I asked him if he was okay, he just said that we're all gonna die."

Caspia started breathing heavily again. The only reason she was doing this was for sensei and now there's a chance that he wasn't going to be there. "Why didn't you tell us this earlier?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm just so used to seeing him drunk, it didn't seem like that big of a deal." Hawk interlocked his fingers with Caspia's trying to get her to calm down, but it didn't work. He then spoke up about their situation.