sixty-three

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬AMENDS

"WHY'D YOU HAVE TO MAKE ME CRY JUST BEFORE I HAVE TO LOOK TOUGH?"

 TW! none 

◦✿◦⸺AFTER CASPIA WAS FINISHED her match, she immediately went back to the medical room. When she walked in, Miguel was sitting in the chair she was sitting in before and he had a defeated look on his face. He looked up at Caspia and asked, "Did you win your match?"

"I did. I have to face Tory to become champion. Are you okay?"

"I think I can fight." Caspia smiled and sat down in the chair next to him. "That's good."

Caspia was on edge about him fighting. She wanted Miguel to do what he wanted to do, but she didn't want him to push himself too far.

"I don't think I want to though." Caspia furrowed her eyebrows and when Miguel saw her confusion, he knew he had to elaborate. "Sensei was talking about how if I wanted it bad enough, I could fight. That I could show everyone that I can do anything. But I think he more wanted me to show Mr. LaRusso. Even when I was going to go against Hawk the first time, he said to take him out. He said things he would've said if I was facing Cobra Kai, but Hawk's my friend."

"I know you don't really like him, but Robby once told me that sensei Lawrence cared more about his rivalry with sensei LaRusso than him. And I think that's what's happening again. I think he's trying to live through you. He's trying to show sensei LaRusso that he can beat him. Or his student can beat him. Now, if I were you, I'd do anything to get back on that mat, but I don't think you should fight whether you feel ready or not. I mean, what if an accident happens and you get put back in the hospital. Plus, as much as we need a win, only one of you was going to get through anyway, and I don't think sensei Lawrence deserves that win."

"You aren't just saying this because you want Hawk to win, right?"

"I wasn't lying when I said I was rooting for you more. Obviously I won't be upset if Eli wins, but I don't want you to get hurt again." Miguel pulled Caspia into a small hug. Caspia ruffled his hair and they pulled apart. "I don't think I'm gonna go back out."

"You're sure?"

"Yeah." Caspia pat his shoulder comfortingly before standing up. "I'll come back, but if you aren't fighting, I have to fight soon, so I should get ready. But I think you're making the right choice."

Miguel nodded and smiled. Caspia was about to walk out of the room, but Miguel stopped her. "Cassy."

Caspia turned around. "Thank you...for everything. My mom told me about how you helped pay my hospital bill."