forty-two

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬GIVING

"YOU'RE LUCKY I NEED THIS JOB

"YOU'RE LUCKY I NEED THIS JOB."

 TW! none 

◦✿◦⸺CASPIA WAS STANDING TALL next to Kreese as everyone was going towards the edge of the mats to prepare for combat training. Kreese was telling Caspia that she would probably be going up against some of them and he wanted her to show no mercy whatsoever. No mind games or tricks, just win.

Kreese took a few more minutes for everyone to get situated and Caspia couldn't help but look over to Hawk who was in the corner across from her and Kyler and his friend were talking to him. She could see Hawk getting uncomfortable, but one thing he did, broke her heart. Once Kyler and his friends took their spot, Hawk covered his lip like he used to. Caspia just about ran over to him and enveloped him in a hug, but she stopped herself.

Kreese stood next to Caspia again and said, "I've changed my mind. I don't want you fighting."

Caspia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, but didn't bother looking at him. "I want you to pick who's fighting. And remember, only the strongest survive. Get rid of the weak ones. You are running this class."

Caspia looked up at him and nodded her head. He took her spot and she stepped into the middle. Kyler laughed a bit as Caspia stood in the middle. "What's she doing?"

"I am running this class, shit for brains. So either shut up and deal with it or get the hell out." A smirk played on Kreese's face as his assistant was starting to take after him. Kyler immediately went quiet, but Caspia pointed at him. "Shit for brains, in the middle."

Caspia looked around at everyone and walked right up to, as he's known as, Assface. "Assface, in the middle."

Caspia stood next to Kreese and said, "Spar!"

Assface immediately kicked Kyler, sending him flying back. "Now you're dead."

Kyler tackled Assface to the ground and got him in a headlock and stayed like that until Assface tapped out. "Break."

Kyler got him out of his headlock and Kreese suddenly said, "Finish him."

Kyler grabbed his collar and punched him in the face before going back to his spot next to Hawk. Assface got to his feet as Kreese said, "You lost to an untrained fighter. He's going to take your spot on the team."

"Sensei, Assface has been loyal to the dojo."

"Maybe he should've thought about training then rather than starting street fights." Caspia contradicted. Hawk immediately went quiet and Assface collected his things before leaving. It didn't bring Caspia joy to get him kicked off the team, but the way she saw it, if she could get the weakest Cobra Kais off this team and if they love karate enough, they would go to Sam and train with Miyagi-Do since Sam has been doing it in secret. She has been caught before, but that wasn't going to stop her.

They had been going through people like clockwork, most of the new people were getting kicked out. Tory and the new girl were fighting and Tory had kicked her dead in the face, securing her spot. "You chipped my tooth, bitch."

"You needed braces anyway."

"You know the drill." The girl grabbed her stuff and walked out the door, just like everyone else. Kyler's friend was being obnoxious and Caspia honestly had enough of it. "Ginger prince, in the middle."

"Oh yeah! Who's going down next?" He was way too confident in himself. Caspia was going to pick Hawk anyway, but before she could Hawk spoke up, "He's mine."

Hawk walked to the middle with an insanely pissed off look on his face.

"Get him, Lip." Kyler said sarcastically. Hawk walked over to the corner Caspia was in and Kyler's friend was in the other.

"Let's see if I can fix that lip of yours then-" He was suddenly cut off by Hawk taking off his shirt and revealing his back tattoo that honestly intimidated both him and Kyler. Hawk sent Caspia a wink and a smirk and she simply rolled her eyes, even though she had butterflies in her stomach. She hated herself for that. Caspia had seen the Grim Reaper tattoo and felt bad, but she composed herself.

Hawk turned back to look at him and got into a fighting position. Kreese motioned for the student holding up the point flags to put them away, signifying this was not going to be a fair fight. Hawk smirked at Kreese and he nodded back. Without waiting for the signal, Hawk sent a spinning kick towards him and kicked him dead in the face. Without him blocking any, Hawk sent kicks and punches, hitting him in mostly the gut and face. Hawk threw him to the ground and continuously punched him dead in the face over and over even with him begging for Hawk to stop.

Hawk then stood up tall, towering above him and he had blood on his fists. Kyler's friend had a bloodied nose and mouth, but Hawk just had a terrifying look in his eyes. Caspia hated seeing this. Hawk spit on him before walking back to his spot and eyed Kyler, who immediately looked away.

"Alright class, I think we can call it a day. Someone pick him up." Kyler helped his friend up and everyone went to get water. Caspia grabbed a towel from Kreese's office and walked over to Hawk. She tapped his shoulder and when he turned around, he was met with her disappointed glare. She held out the towel to wipe off the blood on his hands and he took it from her with a look of shame written on his face. Caspia immediately began walking away, but Hawk tried to stop her, "Cass-"

He was interrupted by the sound of Kreese's office door closing. Caspia was met with Kreese who was sitting at his desk. "Can I help you, Reaper?"

"I think Hawk went a little too far."

"He was eliminating a weak link." Caspia scoffed and just turned around. She was about to open the door before she said, "You know."

Caspia then turned around. "You're lucky I need this job."

Caspia then left his office and Kreese with that thought.

.⭒•.☆  ☆.•⭒.

Caspia had gotten home and as soon as she did, she went right to Miguel's apartment instead of hers. She had her paycheck in her hand and she really wanted to give it to Carmen. She knocked on the door and Carmen answered. "Oh, hi, Cassy. Miguel's at Johnny's."

"Actually, I needed to talk to you." Carmen moved out of the way so Caspia could come in. Carmen closed the door behind her and looked at Caspia expectantly. "So, I got a job. Aunt Jules won't let me help pay my own hospital bills, but...she never said anything about Miguel's."

Carmen put her hand over her mouth, having a feeling she knew where this conversation was going. "I wanted to give you my paycheck, just to help. And any future ones."

Caspia handed Carmen her paycheck and she could see the tears forming in Carmen's eyes. She pulled Caspia into a hug and Caspia hugged her back. "Thank you so much, Cassy!"

They pulled away and Caspia couldn't stop the smile from forming on her face. "This is so generous, Miguel will be so thankful"

"Actually, could you not Miguel I did this. I know he wouldn't want me doing this, but I don't care because I care about him and I want to help in any way I can."

"You're a good friend." Caspia smiled even wider and she was just happy that the mental torment she was going through at Cobra Kai was going to be worth it.

◦✿◦⸺⸺⸺⸺◦✿◦