twenty-four

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬FIGURE IT OUT

"THERE'S NO MULLIGAN'S IN VOLLEYBALL

"THERE'S NO MULLIGAN'S IN VOLLEYBALL."

 TW! none 

◦✿◦⸺COBRA KAI DIDN'T HAVE karate until later in the day, so Hawk, Miguel, Caspia, Moon and Demetri all wanted to go to the beach. It was only about a ten minute walk, but Miguel said he'd meet them there, so Demetri, Hawk, Caspia and Moon all walked together. Hawk and Caspia had their fingers intertwined as they were a little ahead of Demetri and Moon.

"Do your parents know we're dating?" Hawk questioned which made Caspia tense up. "No, they don't."

Hawk's face dropped slightly. He assumed that she was ashamed of him, but that was obviously not the case. "I know what you're thinking. I'm not ashamed of you. I just can't tell them."

"Why not?" Hawk asked a little defensively. Caspia suddenly lowered her voice as she answered so as to not let Demetri and Moon hear. "I moved here to get away from Kreese and I know you know that, but my aunt and I also moved here because my mom had brain cancer."

Hawk's expressions suddenly softened. "She died a few weeks ago, but she would've loved to meet you. And my dad left when I was really little, but my aunt knows about us and she's okay with it. She does want to meet you though."

"I'm so sorry. I wish I could've been there-"

"It's okay. I didn't want people to know. Only Miguel knew." Hawk nodded his head and kissed her temple to show support. They finally got to the beach and set up their stuff by an open beach volleyball court. Caspia took off her shirt that was covering her black swimsuit top, but she kept her jean shorts on over top of her swimsuit bottom. It was Hawk and Caspia against Demetri and Moon and Demetri was serving first. He got super prepared and all wound up, but when he served, the ball hit the net. "Mulligan, send it back."

"There's no Mulligan's in volleyball." Hawk said as if it were obvious.

"Says you." Demetri muttered.

"Water break." Demetri walked over to their stuff even though they hadn't actually played volleyball yet. He rubbed his face with a Cobra Kai towel and two girls noticed him. "Cobra Kai? You guys won that karate tournament, right?"

Demetri looked back at Hawk and Caspia who raised their eyebrows at him, but Demetri just lied. "The All Valley? Rumble in Reseda? Yes, we certainly did."

"Cool. We're gonna go for a swim, but maybe play with you later?"

"Most def. Uh, that means most definitely." The girls giggled and headed to the water as Moon, Caspia and Hawk walked up to him.