sixty-six

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬CASPIA

"WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME?"

 TW! none 

◦✿◦⸺THESE PAST FEW MONTHS have not been kind to Caspia. Losing the All Valley had a major affect on her considering that she lost everyone everything. Johnny and Daniel had lost their dojos, everyone was left without a defense of their own and worst of all, she felt like she let everyone down. Everyone was trying to reassure her, especially Eli, but nothing seemed to be working. To be fair, there was another issue at hand keeping Caspia from getting her spirits up.

No one knew about it, only Miguel, but he couldn't exactly help since he was currently in Mexico. Caspia wasn't mad at him since he was trying to find his father, which Caspia was sort of in support of. She knew that Carmen had left Ecuador for a reason and it could be dangerous for Miguel, but she wasn't really in any position to tell Miguel not to go. It wasn't like her father situation was amazing. Miguel's family and sensei were worried and Miguel had told them just to say he was safe. Carmen was quite angry with Caspia as well, and even if it hurt, Caspia wanted to keep Miguel's wishes.

Stress had been piling up of Caspia what with two people she cared about being angry with her only because she was keeping a secret, her new found hospital problems and when she had just rekindled her relationship with Robby, he had also gone to Mexico.

Caspia did still have Eli, Sam, Moon and Demetri who were trying to be there for her as much as possible, but no matter what anyone did, Caspia was just sad.

Caspia had quite a busy schedule now too, she had a night job to pay off some new problems she and her aunt had run into and with school and the job she was forced to do, but really didn't want to, Caspia's stress and anxiousness was only getting worse.

There was one more lovely part to her day that she had to face now which was that sensei LaRusso had called everyone from Miyagi-Do to meet at the dojo. Caspia already knew what this was going to be and she wasn't thrilled. When everyone had arrived at the dojo, Caspia was the last to arrive. It was clear that she was upset and when she joined the line of students, Eli interlocked her pinky with his, trying to calm her.

Sensei LaRusso then began his long awaited and hurtful speech. "It's great to see you all back here. You know, we had one goal going into the All Valley. Beat Cobra Kai. We walked away with a first place trophy thanks to Eli."

Everyone clapped for Eli, congratulating him while Caspia held his hand and squeezed it, sending him her own form of a congratulation. Eli looked down at her and smiled as a small thank you before sensei LaRusso continued. "As far as the rest of the tournament, well, it just didn't go our way."

Caspia's breathing immediately hitched and she looked down at the ground. Eli tried squeezing her hand as a form of comfort, but it didn't do much. "We said we'd close our dojo if we lost...and...that's what we're going to do. As of today, I am shutting down Miyagi-Do karate."

Everyone shared a look of disbelief and tried to protest, all except Caspia. She knew this was coming and she knew this was her fault.

"I know that's not what you were hoping to hear, but with everything going on at Cobra Kai, continuing to operate Miyagi-Do only leaves a target on your backs. Guys, I have to keep you safe, okay? Just remember what you've learned. This dojo may be closing, but Miyagi-Do lives inside each and every one of you still." Sensei LaRusso was clearly trying to be comforting, but it really wasn't doing anything for anyone, especially since as soon as Daniel finished his sentence, Caspia walked away.

Everyone just watched her leave the dojo, all except Eli who went after her. "Cass, wait!"

Caspia already felt her eyes watering and her chest getting heavier. She knew that she was going to break down, but she refused to let anyone see that, plus, she had to head to work. Caspia just grabbed her skateboard and started heading towards the road, but Eli had run up to her and stood in front of her so she couldn't go anywhere. "Cass, please talk to me. What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Caspia tried to move past him, but Eli put his hands on the sides of her arms and kept her still. "Caspia, you can't just run off like this. Come on, we love each other, we're supposed to tell each other everything. I mean, you've been so different lately, just please. Tell me what's wrong. If this is about the tournament-"

"Not everything is about karate!" Caspia cut him off. "Yeah, this didn't make me feel any better, but I've got other shit going on! So can you just please, let me leave and deal with the rest of my shitty day on my own."

"Wh- Cass, what are you-" Eli was trying to make sense of what was going on with his girlfriend, but it was really hard when she wouldn't tell anyone anything. Just wanting to get to her new job and not hurt Eli in the process, Caspia just moved his arms and walked right passed him. She hopped on her skateboard and left as Eli called back to her.

"The hell was that?" Demetri asked as he came up behind Eli, having seen everything. Eli just ran a hand through his shorter hair, frustrated. "I don't know, man. She's been acting weird these past few weeks. Like she's extra stressed or something, but she won't tell me anything."

"Well, what did you do this time?" Demetri asked, assuming Eli had done something stupid again to make her mad since that was usually the case, but he hadn't done anything. Eli hadn't betrayed or angered Caspia in any way, he's been a delight. There was just this new job that Caspia was dreading. Caspia needed a lot of money in a short amount of time because of an issue that had come up in regards to her aunt.

Turns out the sort of cancer her mom had was because of something genetic and now her aunt July had gotten it. Not having anyone else to rely on, Caspia had to work two jobs just to pay off the hospital bills and not to mention the regular bills, but a golden opportunity had fallen into her lap. Someone was willing to pay Caspia a fairly good amount of full time salary when she'll be working part-time. The only issue was that this job was Caspia helping Terry Silver, her father, train the new students at Cobra Kai.

This was the last thing Caspia wanted, but she desperately needed the money and apparently she was willing to put herself through hell to get it. 

◦✿◦⸺⸺⸺⸺◦✿◦